on 12 October 2017
I bought this to replace a £165 Suzuki SCX-64 16-hole harmonica, which I was very disappointed with. This requires far less breath/air to play, sounds nearly as good, although quite a bit quieter, and so far I've had none of the sticky valves and out of tune reeds that the Suzuki had. I'll be ordering the Swan 64-hole at some point and can't recommend this highly enough. It's genuinely a match for instruments 5x the price. I'm fairly new to the harmonica, but have been playing guitar for 20 years and piano for 30, so I can comment on the sound quality, tuning and ease of use at least.
on 13 October 2017
Arrived yesterday and for the price seems to be good value. All the notes ring clear and the slide appears to work as it should, it doesn't stick or jam.Construction seems solid with no sharp edges, screwed down tightly and a decent finish. Never played one before so thought I would buy a cheaper one to see if I liked it. Within a few minutes I was playing a few simple tunes.For the beginner at this price it's a good buy.
on 9 May 2017
My granddaughter loved it as a birthday present. Its not too big either and it is also very good quality
on 29 September 2017
Well made, really pleased. Had a Yamaha chromatic harmonica as a kid which then cost a fortune. This little thing feels great, looks great and sounds fantastic. Bargain. Been playing tunes all day even though it's been a while.
on 7 May 2017
Within two weeks of buying the top 3 holes make a raspy sound rather than notes when played. I have asked the seller about this but had no response. Don't waste your time on this
on 13 March 2017
my favourite harp to play
on 8 September 2017
the sound of this little instrument is amazing...
on 23 December 2014
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 April 2013
As a general rule, chromatic harmonicas have 12 holes with 14 and 16 hole models coming up close behind. 10 hole instruments are more unusual. For those who aren't sure, they're actually the same in terms of tuning as 12 hole models - with just one obvious difference.

They have just a 2.5 octave range which ends at the notes F/F# rather than completing the 3rd octave and ending at C/C#. This slightly reduced note range still covers a very wide range of songs.

The Swan instrument is obviously a budget model but is still very well made. It is satisfyingly heavy and seems to stay in tune very well indeed. I find the rounded holes to be especially comfortable (see photos that I have uploaded).

All-in-all, a very good buy and an ideal instrument for the beginner, or the player who wants to switch from a diatonic harp. Unlike the Swan diatonic which comes in a hard case, it comes in a soft, zipped case which is nevertheless strong and makes for comfortable carrying in a pocket.

Obviously, if compared to, say, Yamaha or Hohner or other 'professional' instruments, then the Swan isn't in the same league. But in terms of pure affordability and value for money, it fully deserves a 5 star rating.

Also, the seller (RUMC - Really Useful Music Company) is one I've used several times and they are extremely efficient and reliable.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 14 September 2016
My husband (whats-is-name) is having me write this up for him, his one finger typing would take at least a week to complete. So this is him dictating to me. “Many years ago I used to spend many hours playing my harmonica. I was nowhere near concert standard or any competition to Larry Addler, but I was not too bad. I had two Hohner's one of which I have still got and the other I decided to destroy -well- I slightly overstate the “decided” bit. What happened was a bird brain who' s name I can't now remember did the ignorant thing of making a B-line for my harmonica accidentally left in plain view, blowing and slobbering into it. I should have wrestled him to the ground breaking every bone in his body or at least in his mouth to prevent him doing anything so crass again! Ask any harmonica player, the worst thing a visitor can do is to pick up their hosts harmonica and start randomly blowing into it. Ask such a ignoramus if they can play the harmonica and the reply is something like “I don't know I have never tried”. So that is how a near by bottle of lemonade was turned into ice by my silent accusative stare. You think that special agent Gibbs from NCIS has a cold look then you ain't come across mine yet. Unfortunately washing the instrument out afterwards ended up cracking the comb which was made of wood(I know! I know!) and back in those days with no internet to research with, the manufacturer was my only hope. But hohner claimed they did not have any spares. By the way this modern replacement harmonica has a plastic comb so that avoids the water death from happening again, and the rest is steel and is satisfyingly heavy. Now many years on I have decided to take up the harmonicas again. I found that there is a lot I have forgotten, but bits are coming back to me as I practice. However I no longer mourn the long dead Hohner. This replacement is comfortable to use with a nicely rounded mouth piece, and using the tongue method I find the circular holes to be a great help. Don't let any one tell you that this is anything but a first class instrument. What more can I say than it came in a soft fitted pouch of imitation leather. If Amazon wanted to take it back they would have a fight on their hands”.