Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 4 January 2013
Over the past 3 - 4 years I have bought several card readers similar to this one but all have been unreliable & tempremental, not reading my fast CF and SD cards all the time.
I was really desperate for a reader that just worked 'reliably' and 'consistantly' without hassel and so far this little unit has done just that.
The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars was a doubt I have over the longevity of the USB cable connection. This cable folds back on itself very tightly, clipping into a slot underneath the unit. Past experiences have taught me that this constant tight bending will eventually break the cable so I just don't put the wire away and leave it out (like in the picture) all the time.
Built well and has worked flawlessly with SDHC Sandisk Ultra class 10 16GB cards, Transcend class 10 16GB, Sandisk Ultra class 10 32GB Micro SD card, various high speed CF cards (1, 2 & 8GB) . You see I use high speed class 10 cards upto 32GB without any problems.

Martin
on 28 July 2012
I bought this as my computer would not read the newer SDHC cards used in my new camera. It worked straight from the box and, combined with the new cards, at a very fast transfer speed to the computer. No set up was required.
This is a good quality card reader which is simple to operate. It is simple as insert the card reader in to your USB slot of your PC and it is ready to go. If your PC does not have the ability to read cards this will solve your problem. The transfer speeds are good. Overall this is a decent compact, sturdy and durable card reader which works and performs well.....
VINE VOICEon 22 May 2012
Nice little product for transferring files to and from various memory cards. Compact, unobstrusive and really couldn't be easier to use.

If you want some downsides, the USB cable's perhaps a little too short and it doesn't take smart media cards.
on 26 February 2013
Used once with CF card, thought it was great - until I tried to use it again. Won't take the card. Looking at the pins, they seem very fragile .. and its not easy to be absolutely sure if card is lined up properly. Expensive card ( plus lots of images ) to loose/break. Will look for something more robust.
on 20 October 2014
Worked first time it was plugged in. I then put it away as bought for travelling. About to go for a short break so, thought it would be a good chance to try it out before our trip to South America next year. It is not recognised by any of my computers. The CF card is difficult to get in. Also tried an SD card with the same result. Complete waste of money though, at least I found out prior to my trip.
on 25 July 2012
Does the job & neat & compact, I didn't want a long lead as it's for taking with me on jobs so it's ideal.
on 24 January 2013
Bought this to replace the SD card reader in my Acer laptop that stopped working. Nice, small size, can easily slip into your pocket to take with you. Tiny USB cable clicks into bottom of reader.

Can accept any card format under the sun, including SDXC and microSD that many smartphones use without an adaptor!

No issues writing an image to the SD card for my Raspberry Pi.

Cant comment on Read/Write speeds, that will differ from card to card, but it using USB 2 will not slow down your cards speed in any way.

Only issue is getting it out of the packaging. Has a tear off bit, but the card backs in the way. Easier just seperating the plastic at the top, putting your hand in and pulling it out.
on 21 September 2012
It's a nice and useful product. Although the price is a little bit higher than what I expected, it is a high quality product. I quite like it.
on 7 February 2012
This was a great find transferred my photos from my computer to a SD card to use on my digital photo frame instantly with no problems.