on 10 August 2015
I bought this along with 11 other Julia Donaldson Books(All Board Books). I did a lot of research before buying and building my 15 month old daughters first library along with Van Fleet, Eric Carle, Dr Suess etc. At first it was all about pictures then sounds then role play and now its the story in 12-13 months she has grown with these books and loves anything we introduce now. Each book has a 12-14 page story which gives you abundance of opportunity to spend quality time with your little one. Reading is just one of the things you can do with these. They are illustrated so very well with vibrant colours and end to end pictures that you have so much to explore if you introduce reading really young. I have copied some of the illustrations on to a A4 sheet given my daughter to color. Just buy when it says Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler together on a book.
on 6 January 2017
We have a number of Julia Donaldson's books and they are great, this one was ok. Not one of the better ones(such as....sharing a shell, room on a broom, singing mermaid) but still a decent read for my toddler.
on 9 May 2017
Bought this for my granddaughter who read a library copy and loved it she is 2 1/2 and I believe this style of story writing helps to develop early reading. Bought the Snail and the Whale at the same time as it seems a lovely story too !
on 7 June 2015
My family and I love Julia Donaldson books but this just didn't hold my kids attention. I've tried to read it to them so many times but they always lose interest. The story itself just isn't very good & we much prefer the Gruffalo and current fave Snail and the Whale.
on 13 May 2017
A lovely book for little ones. Beautifully illustrated and colourful. Kept my grandsons entertained.
They are rather keen on Whales at the moment so this book was a winner.
on 19 May 2017
A great story, that is supported with great animations and my daughter loves the glitter on the pages and finding the ladybird throughout.
on 12 October 2016
This series of books is great to get the kids enthused about heading out into the world. The items to find and spot are varied enough to cover a good few weekend walks and the stickers help draw the kids from the TV. Educational and fun - recommended for the reduced prices on here.
on 17 November 2016
This book is beautiful and high quality, was expecting a lot less for the price! Little girls will love the amount of glitter throughout the book!
on 13 December 2016
Ordered this for a Christmas present , very good quality on arrival my only criticism is that the postage cost more than the book
on 11 May 2017
Nice combination with cd and book it helps the reader a certain way to tell it the story is great