VINE VOICEon 9 April 2012
"London River" offers a sombre and penetrating analysis of humanity, hope, loss and despair, with perhaps, a possibility of reconciliation and redemption through a sharing of common experience. In the immediate aftermath of the London bombings two parents, one a white woman, the other a black father, seek their children, desperate to discover whether or not they are victims of that senseless outrage.

The Franco-Algerian director, Rachid Bouchareb, employs a distinguished cast of players, many of whom he has previously worked with in his movies in France, most notably, in "Days of Glory". The result is a serious and entirely convincing examination of how our shared humanity can be wilfully or mistakenly masked by superficial or thoughtless prejudice.

Four rather than five stars because the pace is somewhat slow and the final scenes add little to what is otherwise a drama of great power.
One person found this helpful
on 7 August 2015
this is a beautiful , unusual film - that I saw when it first came out. I bought this dvd for a friend who hasn't seen it.
Brenda Blethyn is brilliant in it - and I love the fact it is in French and English, and that she speaks French in some parts of it.
it is obviously a contemporary theme but remains a slow paced, gentle and moving film. I can't see how anyone would not like it.
on 7 August 2017
Good film. If you like true stories you'll enjoy this and Brenda Blethyn is always good.
on 25 April 2017
Love, love, love Brenda Blethyn (the reason I purchased this movie) however..... was really disappointed. Although a very serious subject I just was not drawn in to the main characters and found the storyline weak. the three stars are for Brenda B. who is always very watchable.
on 11 December 2016
Great film Bought as present for friend who is a fan
on 25 November 2010
I have loved all the film Brenda Blethyn has acted in. And she did not let me down now. She acted beautifully with Sotigiu Kouyate.It was not glamorous stars made loook "ordenary". They were real people.The film was only rated to 4 in the Norwegian papers and did not go very long in the movies. So then I had to buy it, and don't regret it, because this is not a movie you only see once
9 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2016
Fantastic film really enjoyed worth a watch
on 11 April 2014
Brenda blethyn is brilliant. Love her and her films. Touching story of a parents battle to search for the truth.
One person found this helpful
on 31 May 2014
This film, originally seen on BBC2, forced me to abandon my early night as it was truly unmissable. I have watched it several times since my DVD arrived, and each time I find new aspects of both storyline and nuances of the two main protagonists.
on 29 June 2014
Well this was an unusual portrayal of a story & Brenda Blethyn played her role true to life. Good story line sad end but I really enjoyed it.

Best Regards