Size: UK Plug to IEC Kettle|Change
Price:£3.18+ Free shipping

on 18 March 2012
The moulded plug is compact in size and of good quality with recessed indentations on the left and right hand sides of the plug body which makes it easy to remove. It has a fuse holder built in to the plug - and claims to have a 10A fuse. I have not checked it. The cable is certainly not thick enough to be any more than this.

The cable is about 7mm in diameter and fairly flexible. There is a warning sticker attached to the cable and this references BS 1362, so it looks as if there is an attempt to respect UK standards. The cable length is 1.7m, not 2m as advertised. I would not describe the item as a kettle lead. It is of the form of a kettle lead (13A plug one end with IEC socket the other) but the cable is thinner than a true kettle lead and much longer. It is therefore more appropriate for other appliances such as computers and monitors.

The IEC socket also appears to be of good quality and retains well in the mating half in the computer monitor I am using.

I looked at several suppliers before choosing this one. One always has to be careful as there are some very cheap parts around, many of which are of very poor quality.

The plug is branded as Longwell.

Overall I am very pleased with the quality for the money. I hope this feedback helps other customers identify a good quality part.
on 12 April 2015
Perfect power lead - simple, no nonsense, and perfect replacment for lost PC power cord (as well as kettles, no doubt!). Plugged it in, and off the PC went to power up. Have had no issies at all and bought it some months ago now.
on 7 September 2015
Quite possibly the worst IEC lead i've used in over 10 years of being an systems engineer.
Does not stay in any IEC devices due to a loose connection at the modular IEC end.
A simple "wiggle" of the wire causes the connections to be interrupted. I can pull the IEC end out by simply using my "pinky" to lift the wire up at the centre point (1m).

This cable is not safe, period.

Ordered from "Oypla".
VINE VOICEon 30 May 2012
This is a perfect cheap solution if you need a kettle lead. I needed it for my powered monitor for accoustic gigs - the old lead had mysteriously disappeared during our last gig. This was delivered very quickly and works perfectly. If you need one and it meets your requirements then it's a no-brainer.
on 24 April 2015
I hate it the day computers go "I'm ill, buy me a new part." And like that after much diagnostic runs, (sigh) I buy it a new part and now it works wonderfully for a machine. Guess respecting computer's does get me somewhere. Huh. Damn pretty good part you ask me though.
on 14 February 2015
Seems much cheaper make than the original that came with my computer tower but it works so I am happy with that. The 2m length is of no major benefit to me really but can be useful. Not more to say really.
on 29 March 2012
Very good product is the same cable as the one I had on my old monitor which I brought about 5 years ago with no problems with the cable at all. So when this cable arrived I was very pleased now use this for my second monitor. For this price its a bargain. Item was well packaged and delivered in good time. No need to read any more reviews just buy this cable.
on 19 February 2013
The delivery on this product was good, and the product itself is good. But all buyers of this cable should be aware that the cable you receive will not be 2m. I can't exactly say how large the cable actually is but here's a rough estimate.

2m = 6.6ft. I'm 5.10ft and this cable was about the same size as me, so the cable is roughly 1.5m in length.
on 18 April 2012
I had all most exhausted the shops looking for one of these for my older computer...thankfully someone suggested looking on here. It was what I was after, got a fast delivery, fitted well and done the job. I would buy again and would use this seller to.
on 30 September 2013
The cables seem solid and do the job, however after a few months use one started producing sparks and smoke. Thought it was my amp but it's the cable so won't be using any more! Also as other reviews state, they are less than 2M