on 10 January 2015
This comb is, indeed, very sharp. That's what makes it so effective! I have a long haired Lhasa Apso and keeping up with his grooming is a true labour of love! I was beginning to think I would never get some matts that developed as a result of a long, wet walk in his harness out after trying all of my normal grooming tools. Thankfully I bought this in a last ditch effort and it is brilliant!

Did I slice my hand open the first time? Yes. Did I get the dog? No, so all's well! Will I be altering my technique accordingly? You bettcha!

You have to go very gently with this tool. If you go at it yanking and pulling through knots you will only hurt yourself and your dog. Gently picking at any tangles and working them from the outside in will not cause your dog any distress and if you're not exerting too much pressure on the comb you shouldn't slip and slice your other hand as I did!

I was shocked at the amount of fur this tool got out without my dog blinking an eyelid. A truly excellent buy!
on 6 April 2011
This comb has very sharp blades and I sliced my finger open twice. It did take a lot of my dogs fur out but no more than using a normal paddle brush which is a lot safer. After cutting myself I was fearful of cutting my dog so I promptly binned the product. This comb is probably more suited to professionals than your everyday pet owner.
on 13 April 2015
Excellent tool. Believe me, it won't need any other tool to get ride of your dogs heavily matted fur. I used on my matted Yorkshire terrier and it worked perfectly. She spent a week away running around the fields with other dogs and came back home in a terrible state. Her fur was long and I thought I would have to shave it all but It was still cold and I decided to try to save it. I tried the Tera knot cutter rake firet without success but this one was just perfect. You need to use a normal brush on your pet first to minimise the size of the knots as this brush will slice the knots like butter and it will take all of your pets. Just go slowly and try not to force the brush down, that will only hurt your pet, work gently repeating the same spot over and over a few times until the knot is out. Be careful with your fingers as the blades are really sharp. For the left handed you can unscrew the whole thing and invert the side of the blades. I don't know why they didn't mention this on the description.
on 16 May 2016
A revelation! I now no longer have a patchy dog with differing hair lengths and bald patches where I had to cut burr mats out of it. This slices through all matted hairs and is seriously sharp so do watch your fingers!
on 26 May 2012
when i got this i did not know how the best way to use it
but after a few mins. i just got into it, after 3 hours a had a bag of fur
and a half done dog.. it does take time with my dog as she had bad matts
and her fur is not great even after bathing and bushing..
i used it to thin her hair as well, when i used it like a comb, she now looks 10 times better, her fur fills soft again. been looking for a good tool for my cockerpoo for ages and with the brush i have this is a great too
on 29 February 2016
Possible the best grooming product I have bought for my Schnoodle. I have not cut myself on these at all unlike others comments, you just have to be careful with them and not yank them through the fur. Great product.
on 10 June 2015
These Rosewood products are great, really well made and top value. I am a professional groomer and took a gamble buying but they are brilliant. This tool in particular really gets through the difficult tangles
on 1 February 2016
Prongs seem like a good idea. Better than many brushes but not nearly as good as the other brush with a similar purpose, the MIU one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JZDCBY6/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_90
Not entirely sure why the other one works so well, but it does (for a cockapoo who is basically requires constant brushing to keep her free of matts)
on 11 January 2015
I use this in the salon and on my home dogs for dematting and it is good, though I do find some groomers pull on the dogs coat I always hold the hair where the matt is and then use the comb so not to hurt the dog, it is very sharp so caution must be used.
on 13 October 2011
I found this item impossible to use.It can be quite dangerous for you and the cat.I wish I hadn't bought it.Best place for it is the bin!!