on 17 September 2011
I'm always wary of leaving a negative review on anything remotely connected with computers on the basis that I am far from "techy" and could be doing something wrong but I'm not happy.

Reading about the product and reviewing the operating instructions in advance suggested this camera would be intuitive and easy to use - just what I wanted for capturing the odd video clip and downloading to PC or website. Charged the camera as instructed and hit record - all simple enough - but then the picture on the camera screen went all fuzzy, kept flaring and evetually died. So much for HD quality. I then tried to download the fuzzy clip and see if it would look better on the PC screen, again an apparently straightforward procedure. Connected to the PC (running Vista 32 bit) and got a message saying USB device not recognised and nothing more. Kept trying but the camera then decided to shut itself down and after that it wouldn't film again until I had taken the battery out and started the whole set up procedure.

Looking at the reviews on Amazon suggests that typically the camera does what it should and it may just be that I have a duff one but my son had major problems with the same camera (his 3rd generation version) when it came to hooking up and editing/downloading clips. Sadly I bought the product a few months ago and didn't try using it until recently so too late for the refund I would like. Will see what Creative have to say and if no joy can only hope that Amazon step up and do the right thing.
VINE VOICEon 29 May 2011
The Vado HD 4Gb is very light and compact.Its about the size of an average mobile phone but very light.
Its very easy to use and great for carrying around in a pocket or handbag.
The quality of the video varies. In good light its excellent on the maximum HD settings.In low light conditions its ok. I find that if you mount the Vado on a small tripod it works well and you get far less camera shake which in turns help provide a smoother better quality video.Sound quality is acceptable and there is an audio in if you want to add an external microphone. I have found when its windy the mic picked it up and distorted the audio quality.
I like the simplicity of this product. Even those who are technically challenged will find this product easy to use. Its literally point and click.
Getting the videos of is a simple matter of just plugging it into a usb port and accessing the contents of the vado like a memory stick or you can run the inbuilt vado software and this allows simple editing and viewing of the videos taken and uploading to YouTube. Its only got 4gb of memory and you cant put an memory card in but nevertheless you can take about an hours worth of footage with it.
The Vado comes with a mini hd lead so you can connect it directly to HD TV. This worked brilliantly and is fabulous for playing back videos straight of the device.
on 18 June 2011
This camcorder was just what I was looking for, perfect to record my Son's kick-Boxing exploits.

He takes his Belt upgrades every 3 months and this gives me the perfect tool for adding posterity to his life.

He can look back and see his physical progress over the years, after all he is currently only a 10 year old!

The family has taken great pleasure from the ease of capturing events, switch on.. point and record.. pause.. play at the touch of a button.
The battery fully charged gives about 2 hours of recording and the video produced is crisp and very acceptable, through the HDMI cable (supplied) to my HDTV.
The USB connection attached to the body enables connectivity to the PC for extracting your recordings, the inbuilt software also allows stills to be taken off for printing too.

All in all an excellent product, for my needs anyway.. worth 5 Stars!

The usual excellent delivery service via Amazon.
on 31 December 2012
I bought this product very cheaply (£40) when my old camcorder needed its tape head cleaning. It now keeps switching itself on and off. Even when it was working it was no substitute for a camcorder because the shots are all discrete and sticking them together takes forever. Surprisingly, because there are no apparent adjustments for focus and the lens is tiny, the picture and sound quality are quite passable. I have now got the old camcorder working again after running a cleaning tape through it a few times.
on 14 June 2011
I havent owned a video since the very early days when video cameras were like mini-TV units and the recorder was slung over your shoulder. So this purchase was a real departure for me. I have not been disappointed. It is a handy pocket-size unit no bigger than a phone and so easy to use - not too many buttons and you cant mess it up.
The process to download to PC is also easy and I have already used it to record stuff from the TV. Family appearances on TV which I had kept on Sky+ for several years are now safely stored on my PC (and also backed-up!).
on 18 July 2011
This is great in low light, the microphone is reasonable (though muddy) but having used it now for extended periods there is a major problem. If you film for say 30mins+ continuously, upon play back about 15 minutes in the sound continues but the images suddenly break up or lag. It means now I keep things to 15 mins top stop then record again to avoid ruined footage.

It could be my unit, but I doubt it as everything else works as should. I am pleased I got it, for the weight and recorded images it is lovely just the above looses as star.
on 1 September 2011
The video camera just when through the constant switching on/off, as described by other buyers, after charging up. Unfortunately I had not bothered to open the product until after 30 days had elapsed so couldn't return it to amazon. I was determined to follow it up with Creative Vado but their requests for all sorts of documentation made me give up.
on 6 June 2011
Reasonably priced camcorder that is small and easily carried in the pocket. It is very easy to use and the results are excellent, it is very slim and easily carried in the pocket, this feature alone means I use it a lot, and as described in the sales description it is cheap enough to give to children to use. I like it a lot.
on 15 June 2011
I purchased a Creative Vado HD 4GB High Definition Pocket Camcorder from Amazon last month and was alarmed to find the following statement on its warranty: "WARNING: handling this product may expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling."

I consider this warning should have been stated with the advertisement on Amazon and on the manufacturer's publicity, anything that could cause cancer should not be in small print at the bottom of a guarantee pamphlet and only discovered after the camera has been purchased.
on 1 February 2017