on 25 July 2014
Am actually liking this book - it was a free download so was a bit dubious but as I'm currently in a zombie phase of book reading then I thought it was worth a go. Have to say it really is quite good.

By their very nature, zombie plot lines are going to be extremely far fetched but the author manages to reign himself in and adds a few plot twists and character surprises along the way.

For the most part it is well written and the story flows quite well. In addition, the author connects the reader very well with the central characters which I find with some zombie based novels can be very difficult to achieve.

Am saying all this and I am only three quarters of the way through the book!

Would recommend this - have already downloaded books 2 and 3 and am looking forward to them.
One person found this helpful
on 23 August 2014
Bryan is a brilliant story teller. I am a book worm, I really couldn't tell you how many books I've read over the last 45 years. But some are better forgotten while others are kept to be read again and again. This one has made it to the read again pile. Vividly descriptive, this book takes the reader into the world of our unlikely hero and the people he meets up with along the way, seamlessly weaving the necessary back story in without pausing in the action plot or rambling on. Well done Bryan, I can't wait to get stuck in to part 2.
One person found this helpful
on 26 July 2014
Quite an interesting read, and a passable attempt at entertaining the reader (me, anyway), involving a Hollywood character - rather than your "I'm a nice guy from the 'burbs" scenario. Apart from that, a foreseeable plot twist, made obvious early on, kept me wondering when the people in the story would twig onto it... I WILL be looking for the next instalment, even if I do have to pay for it, which to me says the story worked! BETTER than 28 days later tbh.
on 11 September 2014
I'm a huge zombie genre fanatic and often I plough through a zombie book, move on to the next and pretty much forget the last one. This was different though. Plenty of black humour, a new concept for a zombie apocalypse and some great characters. and free!! I'll definitely be buying the next book. In fact I'm going to do it now and ignore the handful of other books I have waiting.
on 22 August 2015
Fabulous book, I love a good zombie story and this didn't disappoint, a page turner that I found to be well written and exciting.
Didn't see some of the twists and turns coming (which is always good) and really felt engrossed in the story.
I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a good zombie yarn
on 30 September 2014
There are some good Zombie/Apocalypse books about but just occasionally along comes one that really stands out. Infection, the first in the LZR-1143 Series is definitely one of those. The premise, the characters, the whole storyline is very satisfying and the action never stops. Once I started I couldn't put it down!
on 11 February 2018
Great book, though Amazon need to hire better proof readers as whoever typed this up was useless haha
on 18 September 2014
I loved this book. I've read a few Zombie books over the years and this is up there with the better ones. It has great humour which had me laughing out loud at times. The characters are well liked and it has a great storyline. Im really looking forward to reading the next book in this series. Very good book!
on 20 August 2013
This is not just a good zombie book, this is a good book!
The characters are well-rounded, the plot believable (once you accept the walking corpses) and the pace gripping.
The protagonist is a likeable wise-guy and, despite thinking that I would despise him from the book blurb, I was rooting for him all the way.
I will definitely by getting book two and look forward to future novels in the LZR-1143 universe.
There's a lot of bad zombie fiction out there. Thankfully this is makes up for much of it: Bryan James does for zombie literature what George Romero does for zombie films.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2014
Having read the 2 free stories by the author I bit the bullet and spent real money on this book. Thankfully it didn't disappoint. Good characters. Plenty of Zombie action. And a good plot. All in all, well worth the price. So much so that I am about to buy the second in the LZR series.
2 people found this helpful