Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.05

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 November 2014
Not as good The Keep. Bit light weight and predictable. Would have expected a better storyline. I like mine to make me jump!
on 13 December 2012
Excellent medico-science fiction thriller. Not easy to put down. If you like medical suspense stories, this one is for you.
on 21 June 1997
Wilson has written two books, and combined them into one called The Select. He combines a love story between two medical students with a thriller about a medical conspiracy. We spend the first half of the book reading about Tim and Quinn, the two medical students, and how each likes the other. Tim is hitting on her in a playful way hoping to gain her love. She is always thinking how she'd like to be with him, but she has her studies so won't act upon her feelings. Throughout this we get a little dose of the conspiracy, but nothing really happens. Finally, Tim and Quinn realize their love, and the book changes focus to the conspiracy. The only real aspect of Tim and Quinn's "happy time" love is sex in a nearby hotel mentioned for about half a page. Then comes the conspiracy where the two lovers are seperated from each others and we really get to meet the "bad" guys. None of the "bad" are really evil, they think what they are doing benefits mankind. These characters, from the Senator, to security guards are great. They are complex people doing what they think is right, even though they know they would be arrested for doing it. I would have like to have seen these characters, especially Dr. Alston, developed more. Instead we get a 'this is why I'm doing what I'm doing' speech so the reader has a basic understanding of Dr. Alston. I would have liked to have seen what made him believe that what he is doing is the right thing. Overall, this is not a bad book, it just could have been much better. If Wilson had developed Dr. Alston to the length he developed Tim and Quinn, Wilson would have a much better book.
on 3 December 1998
I had never heard of F Paul Wilson until I picked up The Secret. It was absolutely stimulating and I couldn't put it down, often rwading into the small hours. It was a book that could happen which is scary. But what impressed me was the way wilson got himaself into corners and then worked out how to get the hero out of them. he plays with his reraders saying " Now you work it oout too !!" I have now read three of his books and they are all tremendous thrillers.
on 22 June 2013
Well worth reading. Quick delivery as delivered to my kindle.will be reading more from this author. Really enjoyed this book.