Customer reviews

on 6 March 2017
I always use the proper inks for the printers that I use as it prevents clogging the jets, doesn't matter if the printer is HP or Epson. The inks are more expensive that refilled cartridges but the last time I used non standard cartridges the jets blocked and I had ink everywhere and ended up buying a new printer
on 24 April 2015
Having tried refilled/ copycat cartridges for my Epson Workforce printer and having occasional problems with them being recognised and blocking up, I have reverted to using manufacturer's ones. Predictably they work as they should. Shopping around , and even checking out a loudly promoted Tesco offer, the same product from Amazon was several £££ cheaper.
on 1 March 2012
This is an epson original cartridge, in XL style (which is twice the width of a regular size L cartridge).
I think the untagged reference relates to an RF tag which is usually inside the packaging, why we need to know its untagged I'm not really sure ! I purchased with amazon prime from amazon.co.uk and it arrived next day.

I personally avoid compatible cartridges, they often leak or have problems or the colour (in this instance black) isn't often as bright or vivid. I'd rather pay a bit more to know that my warranty isn't going to be affected and that I get the results I expect.

It would be nice if Amazon send a recycling wallet or if Epson gave a pre-paid recycling envelope - There is some reference to recycling in the little piece of paper which comes with it.
All in all an easy purchase experience, and a good ink experience and less than the rrp and other retailers.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2017
I have been using genuine Epsom cartridges since finding "lookalike" ones caused numerous blockages on my printer over a period of time. Since using the genuine cartridges I have not had a single problem! This T1306 Stag package offers good value and lasts for a considerable number of prints.
on 24 June 2015
This just arrived, and I wasn't sure about buying this as others have suggested that this isn't the real deal, but I can assure that currently, it is. It comes in the package with a photo of a stag and an Epson seal, you have to open that second bag within the package, and you have to peel off the yellow tag before inserting the cartridge. It works. End.
on 6 March 2015
Took about 60 sheets before the prints came out properly, and yes I did lots head cleaning and calibrating but nothing solved the problem. Gave up, printing lines were faded in place, eventually it started printing well. I have 1/3 left of ink now.
on 5 December 2013
I can't pretend ink excites me!! But it has to be said this does do the job well in my printer. I think ink is over priced by all the manufacturers, but don't like to use compatibles ;-(
on 1 May 2016
I've bought this a few times now and it lasts for a long time. The ink is really dark and prints very well. There's not much else to say really, I've bought cheaper but they are no where near the same quality, I always go back to this!
on 19 October 2014
Not cheap but lasts far longer than most competitors. Used the Kodak ones which are cheaper but last 5 minutes so are not at all economical. These give good quality prints and don't dry out if not used for a while and last a long time. You get what you pay for.
on 23 January 2017
As a private tutor, I do loads of printing everyday. I am a regular customer of this XL ink cartridge for many years no. It lasts a couple of months for m although I use it extensively. Brilliant quality. Definitely recommended.