Customer reviews

Price:£0.79

on 13 May 2017
Times past.
on 2 June 2013
Fed up with the great british weather? Going on a road trip?
Play this outstanding song (loud) and sing along at the top of your voice.
A great track to cheer you up and make you feel happy again.
Easily and simply downloaded for a good price.
Buy, listen and smile.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2015
"...Summers out of reach..." - "The Boys of Summer"

On the occasion of the release of his new 2015 solo album "Cass County" which is about his Texas roots, this is a great time to look back to "Building The Perfect Beast" as the Eagle composer, arranger, producer, singer, and drummer Don Henley unleashed his sophomore solo effort with some excellent, descriptive songs such as "The Boys Of Summer". Henley's intense vocal describes a beach area where the season is turning and alludes to lost love, over some excellent guitar riffs, pedal points, and chords. Like the New Jersey shore winter transformation, for instance. My Highest Recommendation. Five ROCKING Stars! (Geffen records. 1 MP3 track. Time-4:48)
on 29 June 2010
I love it! The music (sometimes I actually use this song as a "wake up" alarm sound), the lyrics (ah, reminiscing), the vocals (no less than the great Don Henley), and the music video for this song ain't bad either :-)
on 1 July 2013
The track boys of summer is great, however the process of downloading didnt work and I've tried to contact Amazon through the various channels and they have not provided a clear process to allow me to request they make the track available for download. I have paid for this trck and cant receive the MP3. When I go into Orders as suggested by Amazon their is no facility 'to contact the seller' with an MP3 issue, its only avialable for physical goods.

Poor service, thats me spendin 25 minutes of my lunch break trying to download a tune. If only amazon considered our time when they provide a service.

Disappointing.
on 17 January 2014
What can you say, c'est magnifique. This was missing from my collection, so thought it had to be put right.
on 5 October 2015
I heard this last Saturday on a Juke Box in a Reading pub and it brought back so many memories that I had to buy a copy as soon as I got home. I have always loved the Eagles, Lyin' Eyes especially but this Don Henley solo is superb!
on 22 March 2013
This track, well, it reminds me of Summer and where I come from and brings back such great memories that I wished would never end, I can relate to this, sand sea and sun (when it used to stay out)
on 24 November 2010
This is a classic pop/rock crossover. It reminds you of long hot days in Florida as well as being a bloody good record. It's a shame the album it came from didn't reach this standard
on 29 July 2010
What a fantastic song, have always wanted it but never got around to buying until now. Amazon's MP3 service is great. What more can I say.