on 9 January 2017
I have numerous copies of this album - standard and deluxe edition CD. Tracks from this album have been on my portable devices constantly over the years (from tapes through to mp3!). It's a brilliant album, in my opinion, highlighting all the very best elements of Sonic Youth, I don't think there's a duff track on there.

Now onto the vinyl....'Back To Black' 2 x 180g Black vinyl (with mp3 download card included). It's great to sit down and really appreciate this LP, the vinyl really gives depth to the multi layered sound of Sonic Youth and I'm again astounded that I'm hearing things that I'd never heard before in the music (which is remarkable, as said, I've had this in my collection since its birth in 1992). At the time it was all about Nirvana and the grunge explosion. I was intrigued to find out where it had all begun and have been a Sonic Youth fan ever since.

So I would say if you're considering the vinyl, go for it, I was really pleased with the quality.
on 2 August 2017
Back in 1992 I was into Neil Young Pearl Jam Smashing Pumpkins etc .. I have always known about The Sonic Youth since the 80s but never listen to them .. Now some 25ish years later and 49years old I saw the Dirty cd with the extra cd at a bargain price I love a bargain and brought Dirty.. l always remember the Dirty album cover from 1992 it made me laugh and still has the same effect !!! On first listen to Dirty I prefer the calmer or mellow tracks I will get used to the frantic tracks ?? Over all Dirty to me is a solid album from The Sonic Youth and still sounds fresh and raw in 2017 as it did way back in 1992.. I will invest in more The Sonic Youth will buy Sister and Murray Street .. Dirty is well worth the price with or without the extra cd ..
on 28 April 2017
NO farting about with words , this is one hell of a brilliant album (double) even by sonic youth standards,
its easy to get caught up in one then you move on to the next and so on but this has 2 of my all time fav-
sonic youth songs which is something in its self...'Theresa's sound world and Sugar kane are timeless as
is most of their music , its hard sometimes to remember just how long they have been going as a band, and
how close they were to ';punk' ...i dont know of any other band save the velvet underground which by the way
are , to me at least ..the best band i ever heard , that sonic youth come closest for their music.....i love the
pixies ,. the chameleons , and a good few more bands but Sonic Youth just go on and on.
on 29 October 2017
great tracks
on 22 April 2017
fast - good value, great!
on 15 November 2017
We need more sonic youth band's! too much "safe" crap out there
on 14 June 2016