Customer reviews

The Poison Tree
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 5 September 2017
I found the story a bit odd a times. It will appeal to a lot of people because of its fine writing. However I didn't really like any of the characters. I thought most of them were either stupid or bizarre. I found the relationship between Biba and Rex to be strange and uncomfortable. The crime somewhat unbelievable and the outcome rather predictable. Not my favourite of her books. Though the way she pulls all the strands together is still good.. my sympathies were with the poor middle class parents! However... I found I detested Biba, despised Rex, was frustrated by Karen`s naivety ( for an intelligent girl she was pretty stupid). The end came as something if a relief. BUT...The fact that I felt so strongly about these people even though I didn't like them shows how good the writing actually is.! I didn't like the story line of this book much but some people will love it.
on 18 July 2017
I loved this book, Erin's descriptions of the house they share and the dramatic ending conjure up such vivid images, you can almost feel and smell the squalor and the people, the damaged people who think they are so normal. A very satisfactory read. Does swap between time lines all the time so you have to keep up, I love that tho, makes it more interesting being non-linear. I miss Barbara Vine in her heyday so Erin Kelly is a very deserving replacement.
on 2 May 2017
It is a very well written book which I could not put down. The descriptive narrative and the story line are both riveting. A thoroughly good book. Would recommend it.
on 27 August 2017
Disappointing. The characters were irritating and I really didn't care what happened to any of them. Took too long get to why the character was in prison. I worked out who was behind the silent phone calls and why. Silly but predictable ending which was hard to believe. Also, would someone wait that long for someone to come out of prison, when they were keeping a huge secret from them (and the daughter)?
on 5 August 2017
Not as good as She said he said but a good read. Nice characters, well thought out personalities may be a better description. Nothing terribly nice about them but it was believable and not your usual run of the mill love story. Codependency is the theme of the story and it does not disappoint with its narrative having an element of people I have known.
on 30 September 2017
A little brevity would turn this good book into a great one. I nearly gave up half way through as I began to find the long story going nowhere fast had become a little tedious. Message to other people who began to feel the same, stay with it, the twists and turns at the end of it are worth staying with it for.
on 4 October 2017
Having enjoyed the first Erin Kelly I'd read, I gave this one a go... it didn't enthral me in the same way twisted lies did, but that extended the time I took to read and enjoy it. So often, crime fiction is 'samey'. Not so with Erin Kelly! Some fab characters and twists and turns, really enjoyed it!
on 22 July 2017
So I read "he said/she said" first and have to say preferred it. This one didn't really grab me and I think I just didn't like the main characters enough to care what happened to them. Can't fault the writing though, Eric is a class act. It just wasn't my cup.if tea.
on 14 July 2015
This is the 1st Erin Kelly book which I read and I was captured from the first chapter. After reading about it, I was expecting it to be a little teenage but the story blew me away. The characters she created was absolutely fantastic and the story was just amazing! A definite summer read or book to curl up with. I wont go into details but expect some serious twists!
on 15 September 2017
Karen's character seeks enjoyment, and finds it in Bibs, a selfish girl, who relies on everyone else to do her bidding. The trouble is Karen loves her.