Platform: PC|Edition: Standard Edition|Change
Price:£2.49+ £1.99 shipping

on 9 October 2015
Game is pretty meh, first one was better in my opinion and this one just isn't worth the hassle.
on 30 April 2017
:-)
VINE VOICEon 11 December 2011
I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this game. It looks very nice but it's ultimately very shallow.

I had a bit of trouble making my character respond to my mouse and keyboard. I searched the net and found a solution: Device Manager/ Disable Human Interface Device.

Once I started, it looked quite promising. The scenery was very impressive but started to repeat itself after a while.

Some actions required extreme dexterity with three fingers in action at once. Long jumps were a nightmare. Maybe it's better with a game controller.

It started to feel a bit samey after about ten minutes. I just kept meeting hordes of troopers who I could easily beat with light sabres or the force. It became routine. I met the odd Boss but it certainly wasn't exciting.

It has a few features like upgrades to your light sabres and skills. However, you would have to be less bored with the game than me to stay long enough to earn them!

The save points are a bit odd. It took umpteen attempts to jump a wide chasm. I then had to fight a Boss. I was killed and found I had to jump the wide chasm again. After umpteen more attempts, I managed to jump the gap again, only to be killed again. I debated whether to keep trying but the prospect of following umpteen similar looking corridors and the same old troopers didn't really appeal. I confess that I finally lost interest and I wiped it off my hard drive.

It's probably OK for Die Hard Star War fans if they want to play anything to do with the genre. However, I don't think it's worth more than a couple of quid.
on 4 October 2011
I can not understand how people can down grade this game the way they do. The game is brillient as far as I am concerned. The graphics are great and the Star Wars musical score is there to give that Star Wars universe feeling of drama and excitement, and some of the boss battles are long, hard, varied and very exciting to play. The locations are varied and large and there is varied selection of tough enemies to defeat. The story is good, but not great, but it pulls the game along from one location to the next, and you get to see many of the film's locations and allies that feels great, if you are a Star Wars fan, that is. The game is compatable with the Xbox 360 controller for windows which certainly adds more fun to the game. Bring on The Force Unleashed III, with more epic boss battles and more Star Wars locations. Only one thing though, I think you will need very good PC to play this game on. I play it on a i7 processor 1.73 Ghz, 8GB RAM, with a 1.5GB 460M Nvidia graphics card laptop with a 18.4" Full HD screen, and it looks and plays great with most settiings set to maximum.

Buy it and give this game a try, I am sure you will love it.
on 26 July 2013
I have mixed feelings abut this game. Firstly, I'll say that being a Star Wars fan doesn't necessarily mean that you'll even enjoy the story of this game. Anyone who is properly into the franchise will notice pretty early that Starkiller is over-powered. In the previous game he essentially dragged a Star Destroyer out of the sky. So there's always a feeling when I'm playing that "He shouldn't be able to do this!"

However, the fact that Starkiller is so over-powered can make the game very fun to play. While it isn't exactly canonical to hurl hordes and hordes of Stormtroopers around a room with minimal effort, it is pretty fun! I have to admit that I sometimes get a little thrill when I force-lightning a group of troopers into oblivion.

Some of the enemies require different powers to overcome - some are immune to force attacks, others can defend themselves very well against lightsabre attacks. It makes you think about how to tackle an enemy, but isn't all that challenging once you figure out what to use on which enemy.

There are a few boss fights, which can be very frustrating, particularly getting to grips with the contextual camera that shows up when you're least expecting it. But even worse are some of the droids that are really common. They often take lots of defence and running around and dodging, only making a tiny hit whenever you get a chance. They're a lot worse in groups, especially when they coordinate attacks to give you no respite at all. I felt like the game went from a very quick and exciting battle with various trooper classes to a drawn-out and tedious face-off with a pair of droids. For me it made the game feel very staccato and broken up.

I'm told that this game is easier to play on a controller. I had quite a lot of trouble with my keyboard and mouse. But it wasn't only my physical inability to hit every key at precisely the right moment, the game was sluggish in response to my actions, sometimes not picking them up at all. I know it's not my hardware, as I've been in similar situations in other games. This game just seems to have trouble keeping up with so many keys being pressed at once, and in a game where combat is based on this very premise it can be very frustrating.

The cut scenes were not bad at all. The voice acting wasn't bad and the characters moved like you'd expect a person to. Juno could have used a little work - not quite sure what was wrong, she just looked a little strange. Most other aspects of the graphics were very well done in-game, good environments and lighting, which was easily noticed in the reflections off Stormtrooper armour! Graphically my only real issue was some screen tear and limited customisation options.

The story is very short, and not really all that engaging. I don't want to leave spoilers, but I felt like the end came far too soon, particularly the way the story was building up. The last battle was nothing special at all.

Final verdict: as a game it's not bad. As a Star Wars game (and looking at the story) it's not really that good. Visually pretty, but hard to actually play. I'd personally recommend one of the Jedi Knight series for a similar genre but more fun and easier to play - I don't mean easier to beat enemies or that kind of thing, I mean easier to actually engage them rather than standing still and taking the hits because Starkiller can only process one action at once.
on 12 October 2013
If I had to sum this game up in 3 words, I would say: beautiful, repetitive, slow.

The game's graphics are the best I've ever seen in any star wars game. The graphics are great in-game, and the cut scenes actually look really similar to live-action.

Unfortunately this is where things go down hill. The enemies are so repetitive, I'm serious, you do fight nothing but imperials for the first THREE levels.

The next big flaw is the way the levels are sorted into the different environments, and by that I mean that you spend between 2 and 3 levels in the same environment, making the game appear shorter than it actually is. But my biggest complaint is about the dagobah level: WHY THE HELL IS IT SO SHORT?!!

Now we reach continuity. It's hard to fit this game into the star wars timeline, because in one ending Darth Vader gets captured by the rebel alliance, and the other leads into console-only DLC showing the destruction of the entire rebellion at the hands of an evil clone of starkiller. So how does this game fit in?

I guess we'll have to find out where exactly how this game fits in when the force unleashed 3 comes out, assuming it ever does.

So, overall, this is a good game, but with more problems than centipede has legs.
on 4 January 2015
I have played this for a couple of days now and the gameplay is great the graphics are ok but it is just terribly buggy and glitchy, every now and then it will just crash.

The game has no Vsync option so there is horrible screen tearing all the way through and if you arn't on an Nvidia card you can't force it. The frame is really inconsistent, at some points it sits nicely at the max FPS but then drops to 15 not to mention that the framerate is capped at 30 >:(

oin general just a badly optimised

If the price was the same for a console as is for the PC i would just recomend getting the console version.
on 22 August 2013
the game is slow in every way so thats annoying and also sometimes it doesnt even work which is also annoying.
on 26 August 2016
The game was really fun to play, however after I completed it ONCE it didn't work again. After two days of completing the full game I was unable to play the game again. I tried inserting the disk into my computer but it was unable to read the disk. I recommend purchasing it from steam as I did after my disk version broke. The steam version is really good and it works every time.
on 11 March 2015
Very quick to arrive. Ordered it on a Thursday, was expecting it the following Tuesday but it arrived on the Saturday.

The game came in CD case which was not what I expected. However, for the price the game is well worth it!