on 2 May 2012
These headphones have some positives but are weighed down by negative points too.
Positives:
- Wireless: this is definitely the future and is a hugely great selling point. It makes a massive difference not having cables hanging everywhere and would be hard to go back.

Negatives:
- Couldn't get them to fit and sit still on my head, with a light shake they fall forward. I found that the headband doesn't grip your hair properly so they only stay on if you stay upright and do not engage in any vigorous exercise. My head is not an unusual shape and size, but I admit this is subjective as everyone's head is a different shape so they might work for you. It's hard to design versatile headphones for sport for everyone.
- These are overpriced when you can get an identical alternative (dubiously similar) bearing the name of 3 alternative manufacturers. Is this some sort of joke? You can get the same thing for 1/3 the price on Amazon. Search for 7dayshop R7 and JUSTOP BTH002 and you'll see what I mean. Things don't stack up, trust me, after getting my hands on the Jaybirds they look exactly the same, down to the fitting mechanism, design, it's a marketing scam.
- The sound quality is OK, what you'd expect from a pair of £20 wired headphones, nothing special BUT it is Bluetooth so you're making an obvious sacrifice. I just think it's a joke to charge £100 for them, given that in the US they retail for $99, and they're not that great.
- The build quality just doesn't merit the price. They feel flimsy and cheap. Not that other headphone manufacturers are innocent of this! (Dr.Dre) I could just be biased to Apple's beautiful designs and functionality though.

So as my negatives heavily outweigh my positives I've had to give them a low score. Returned the next day for a refund, but strangely not put off the brand, going to try their in ear ones, or Sony Walkman NWZ-W range (they're half the price, have slightly better sound and actually stay in your ears sometimes).
on 22 October 2010
WOW! Finally a decent stereo Bluetooth set of headphones!

I've been using them in the gym, and they are great. Peace of mind from the life time sweat and perspiration guarantee also provides peace of mind.

Bieng able to control my iPhone from the controls on the headset is really useful, and even in my most determined efforts on the treadmill, they havent come off my head! Unreal!

Loving the product! Thanks.
on 12 December 2011
They get a 2 star coz they do sound awesome and came fully charged out of the box. The headband is fairly comfy although not quite as the similar Jabra set. However, the Jaybirds have a stronger spring in the band and thus are definately more secure for outdoor pursuits. For me that means cycling. The controls are good - vol up & down and skip fwd/back all on the same ear. The jabras by comparison only have a volume control on the ear which would annoy me when I'm cycling.

Sadly that's where it ends. Once the initial charge had died (after about 4 or 5 hours) they would not charge or even turn on. I note, after the fact, from other reviews that this is not an uncommon problem. So they clearly have an inherent design flaw or a production issue. I suspect cheap chinese batteries.

I am returning for a replacement set because I really liked them and hope to get lucky with a pair that will work for more than 4 hours.
on 8 December 2011
This is the second set of Jaybird headphones I've owned and while they've worked, they've been great. They look good, they remain in place and the freedom to exercise without wires trailing behind me...brilliant. However, after just a few months use, these headphones have given up the ghost, mid-workout in the gym. I thought they might need charging, however, they will no longer charge or connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth and the 'ear pieces' are coated in a not very pleasant looking substance which I can only attribute to sweat damage.

For not one but two pairs of these headphones to die within a few months of purchase is very disappointing and unfortunately, it looks like the search for a pair of wireless headphones that will stay in place and are genuinely sweat resistant will have to continue. I shan't be buying another pair of these though.
on 10 November 2012
Excellent delivery as promised , packaged in a lovely presentation box but would they perform as well as they looked , answer , yes , good Bluetooth connection the occasional drop in connection , but excellent sound quality , and mostly a good fit but certainly depends on head size , depending on the terrain you are running on they can loosen slightly and need re-adjusted , but overall very good .
on 20 March 2013
When I first got these, they were amazing! After 5 months they would disconnect and turn themselves off, so I got a replacement pair and again was very happy. But now (5 months later) my replacement pair are doing the same thing. I think this is pretty suspect to be honest and wouldn't recommend them to any one.
on 20 September 2013
I use these mainly in the gym or when jogging, at first, they where uncomfortable to wear on the ears, but they got more comfy as my ears got used to them. The sound is ok, but not great, but for wireless and not being in-ear, it is enough for jogging or for the workout. There is substantial bleed of the sound, so blasting the volume will most likely annoy the people around you.

Battery is good, i usually recharge them every 3-4 days, never had them die on me.

They are sweat proof with a lifetime warranty, so sweat away!

The only gripe i have about them is that the charger is proprietary and not microUSB. And i wish i had known that before i bought them, because then i would most likely have gone with the Bluebuds X instead, even though they are way pricier.
There is no room for proprietary chargers in this day and age.
on 6 October 2012
I thought I was just charging my headphones badly- but having a second pair over the past few months, it is now clear that the headphone batteries are very poor quality. Mine have been used little but have just died on me again. To be fair, they were quickly replaced by Amazon. Jaybird people in the States were helpful but have no customer care/returns in the UK. I suspect they already know they have a pervasive production problem on their hands. For the price, I would not buy another pair until they have resolved this issue. When they do it will be a great product- with excellent sound quality. Overall it's all very well investing in expensive packaging- but the product performance and endurance has to match it.
on 27 October 2012
I MUST SAY I WAS NOT SURE WHEN I BOUGHT THEM . HOWEVER I HAVE TESTED IN THE GYM AND THEY ARE GREAT , THE SOUND IS GOOD AND LOUD TOO . ITS SO EASY TO CONNECT TO THE IPHONE 5 , GREAT X THE PHONE CALL . I DONT UNDERSTAND THE BAD REVIEW . LET ME TELL YOU THAT I BOUGHT THE IBEATS AND 2 PAIR BOTH THE REMOTE CONTROL WOULDNT WORK AFTER 2 MONTH . JAYBIRD ITS ONLY 89.00 POUND . TO FINISH THE REVIEW IN MY OPINION THOSE HEADSET IS A GOOD VALUE . I LOVE THEM .
on 15 January 2014
I got these headphone specifically for use at the gym, but they weren't the best purchase. Couple of things you need to know before you buy:

- The actual earpiece is square and hard, even with the cover on, and this means it doesn't have a comfortable fit. If you wear them for any period of time, they'll hurt your ears.
- The band doesn't offer much grip or security. Admittedly, I have quite a small head, so this may be more suitable for others, but I find if you put your head forward or move a lot (running & sports) they slide off.
- The band is inconvenient for carrying. Other headphone I've had have had a more flexible style and have been easier to carry in a bag, there's always a fear these will snap.
- The controls are temperamental. They've put dummy controls on the left, so you have to double check to make sure you're putting them on the right way and it's hard to tell where the buttons are when you're wearing them - you also have to press them very hard - which with the hard, square earpieces, isn't ideal.
- I've had some connectivity issues.

See one answered question