Top critical review
7 people found this helpful
Not bad but not great either...
on 2 May 2012
These headphones have some positives but are weighed down by negative points too.
- Wireless: this is definitely the future and is a hugely great selling point. It makes a massive difference not having cables hanging everywhere and would be hard to go back.
- Couldn't get them to fit and sit still on my head, with a light shake they fall forward. I found that the headband doesn't grip your hair properly so they only stay on if you stay upright and do not engage in any vigorous exercise. My head is not an unusual shape and size, but I admit this is subjective as everyone's head is a different shape so they might work for you. It's hard to design versatile headphones for sport for everyone.
- These are overpriced when you can get an identical alternative (dubiously similar) bearing the name of 3 alternative manufacturers. Is this some sort of joke? You can get the same thing for 1/3 the price on Amazon. Search for 7dayshop R7 and JUSTOP BTH002 and you'll see what I mean. Things don't stack up, trust me, after getting my hands on the Jaybirds they look exactly the same, down to the fitting mechanism, design, it's a marketing scam.
- The sound quality is OK, what you'd expect from a pair of £20 wired headphones, nothing special BUT it is Bluetooth so you're making an obvious sacrifice. I just think it's a joke to charge £100 for them, given that in the US they retail for $99, and they're not that great.
- The build quality just doesn't merit the price. They feel flimsy and cheap. Not that other headphone manufacturers are innocent of this! (Dr.Dre) I could just be biased to Apple's beautiful designs and functionality though.
So as my negatives heavily outweigh my positives I've had to give them a low score. Returned the next day for a refund, but strangely not put off the brand, going to try their in ear ones, or Sony Walkman NWZ-W range (they're half the price, have slightly better sound and actually stay in your ears sometimes).