on 19 October 2014
It works and produces what it sais on the box. But is not as easy as they make you believe :-) If the vegetables are not straight, it doesn't work all that good and more waste as they make you believe. But still very happy with my purchase!
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 December 2017
I bought this to use with vegetables that don't suit the hand held (pencil sharpener type) spiralizer. I like the suction feet to keep it in place; the blades are sharp and work well. It takes a bit of getting used to: pushing the veg onto the cutting blade using the stationary handle while turning the rotating one but I'm not the most co-ordinated of people, so it could just be me. If it ever breaks I'll get one of the electric ones that are recently hitting the market but this manual one has produced great results with even hard veg like swede and butternut squash. I just store the central core of veg that doesn't get spiralized, along with any end bits, to chop and use when cooking other meals.
on 29 January 2014
The quality is this product is fantastic. It is very easy to use and to clean. I highly recommend it!
21 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2016
 Completely waste of money, the item is faulty. The crank doesn't fit well, it's shaky and won't screw all the way in as it shows on the picture and on the official video instruction. I've attached pictures and a video to show it. I've contacted amazon regarding this matter, got no reply, then I've contacted the company directly, and no reply either. It says that the item has a two-years guarantee. But seems like neither amazon nor Westmark company itself cares about their customers. Hugely disappointed and will NOT recommend buying it. Search for other, more reliable options.
review imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 8 April 2015
so glad I bought this. I use it every day and it has transformed what we eat. I get so much more out of a simple veg. One carrot looks too much for 2 people. A courgette makes fantastic alternative noodles or pasta depending how you cook it. You can even use the stem of the broccoli - how cool is that!! Well worth the money and I haven't a negative comment to make about it. One word of caution though. Be careful when you wash up. I bought a new washing up brush to tackle the grater and blade. Keep your fingers well away from it. but its easy to clean.
on 27 January 2015
Might up my review if I can get some help. I bought this based on all the great reviews on amazon. Product arrived yesterday so pleased with speed of delivery. However, no instructions in the box. I know it's not rocket science so I figured out that there are three blades and you can change them for different functions. However two of them have spiroliser icons on them and I can't work out the difference between the two. So I used it first with a carrot to see if I could recreate the "spiroliser" effect as shown on the box. All I got were tiny, thin little shavings which were all broken. I tried with a different blade, same thing - and again with the third blade. Also, there's a core of the carrot left - which seems like a bit of a waste - is that meant to happen? So, one - what am I doing wrong - how do I get those lovely tube like spirals shown on the box and two.... are you meant to have a core left at the end of it.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 April 2015
Am very pleased with this machine. It is easy to use and the extra blades are stored on the side of the the spiromat which is a good design feature. Have only used the spaghetti type spiraliser to date but it copes with hard veg (potatoes) just as effectively as softer ones (courgette). There are no operating instructions with the machine which seems a bit of an oversight but ok if you have access to a computer as there is a westmark website which shows you how to assemble and use. Suction feet are very effective at anchoring the spiromat - not so easy to release the suction though and some strength is required to reverse the procedure!
on 19 February 2015
I read a lot of reviews about spiral machines before choosing this one. It really does the job and is easy to use. The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is there are no instructions with this although plenty of photos on the box. Fortunately I found a video on youtube and it's all explained perfectly.
on 10 June 2015
effortless to use unlike the tube spiralisers, you have to use almost no pressure/force from your arms. comes without instructions but pretty obvious to use, look up a youtube tutorial for the first time then you'll be golden. completely disassemblable to clean. courgetti will replace your pasta for the better, trust me.
on 2 May 2015
Great for making courgetti (courgette spaghetti) if you're trying to avoid the carbs of regular pasta. My only gripe is that there are lots of nooks and crannies for food to get wedged in making it a bugger to clean!!