Customer reviews

on 22 January 2011
Remarkably cheap for what it does. For some reason my on-board audio ceased to work on my general purpose machine (I have another machine which is dedicated to audio but it's useful to be able to play stuff on the machine connected to the net) and I bought this device as a quick fix.

Delivery (to Spain) was good and it turned up within a week, The unit is solidly built for the money, but I have to agree with most of the other reviewers, the 'support' is appalling. No instructions of any sort and the CD gives no indication of which (of several) drivers to install. That's why I give it 3 stars, otherwise it deserves at least a 4, if only on a price vs spec basis.

For anyone still struggling, the drivers you want are in the directory CM6206(XP,VISTA,WIN7), go there and then select your OS (I'm running XP) and then double click on 'install.exe' - and all should be good. You do need to reboot the computer after installation.

FWIW, when I plugged the unit in, Windows rushed off and automatically installed a set of Windows generic drivers - and they did work. However, although I didn't explore it further, I suspect they won't allow access to all the features.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2017
This external sound card does exactly what it says on the tin, providing a strong range of inputs and outputs in a relatively small package. Installation takes seconds, comprising of little more than plugging everything in and waiting for the drivers to install, then setting a new default input / output device in Windows.
on 24 July 2017
Worked perfectly on a linux htpc built on intel’s nuc NUC5PPYHKit which has a toslink output but it does not output 5.1 DTS (it does not go beyond 2 channel stereo for toslink) to my Logitech Z-5400 5.1 speakers. I upgraded my old htpc which ran on Windows2k to Linux (I no longer use windows machines, on my old computer I did have 5.1 digital audio to my speakers) , it works out of the box under Mint, Arch, and Lubuntu (I settled up on Lubuntu for my media pc).
I connect the usb sound card to the speakers via 6 channel direct and it works flawlessly, the sound card also has toslink output but it does only output 2 channel stereo to the speakers.
on 14 November 2012
I bought this so that I could play films on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop and have 5.1 sound from my amp/speakers. I haven't quite got there yet. I installed the 2606 Windows 7 driver from the CD and the device set up OK. After a bit of fiddling, I have got Windows to play the dolby digital test file through all 5 speakers. However, I haven't yet managed to get any other software to work in digital surround mode. This can't really be blamed on the product as it clearly can work as demonstrated by the Windows test. Some instructions might have helped though.
on 8 August 2017
bought this to add surround sound to my Raspberry Pi running OSMC,
works straight out of the box with no issues (shows up in the list of available sound cards & fully configurable from within kodi)
the only minor niggel is the audi jacks are a little close together so care needs to be taken when sourcing cables
on 30 May 2017
Does the job, but not used often.
on 31 May 2017
Does it's job just fine.
on 26 November 2015
after using six months no longer works more bad esprencia
on 22 March 2017
Delivered the next day, Don't bother with the CD, Windows detected the device and installed. Great bit of Kit for the price.
on 24 June 2017
GGG (great, grand, gorgeous)