Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.19

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 January 2016
all the lovers
get outta my way
everything is beautiful
aphrodite

when kylie's much anticipated 11th studio album crashed straight to number 1 in the uk album charts, it gave her the accolade of being the only female artist to have a number 1 album in the 80s, 90's, 2000's, and 2010's. and after all these years, shes still cooking up fantastic pop music.

opening track and smash hit single all the lovers is a fantastic slab of dreamy pop and just gets better with every listen. get outta my way is classic kylie which sounds like spinning around, love at first sight and wow have been popped into a blender to create this catchy ditty.

the albums darker moment, closer, is a creepy electro dancetrack with pulsating harpsichord whilst the gorgeous everything is beautiful, penned by tim rice oxley of keane, is both stunning and sexy. the title track 'aphrodite' samples her own track 'heartbeat rock'live arrangement from the X tour, and is a fiesty anthemic pop powerhouse with a thumping military drum which would have marched it up the charts if it had been released as a single

all in all this a brilliant album for pop fans, it was packed full of potential singles, its also really cohesive and the tracks slide into each really well. an excellent addition to the kylie cannon!
on 2 July 2010
Kylie returns with a very solid new album... it is a very cohesive and unified collection this time out. 2003's Body Language and 2007's X suffered a little because they strayed a little at times away from Kylie's pop/ dance strengths towards light r'n'b and both sets weren't helped by poor lead single choices - slow was never a good idea as a single but it was an interesting album track and 2 Hearts was misleading- many would have been forgiven for thinking she was going experimental with a rock/ indie sound again like she did unsuccessfully in the late nineties. Still, both albums had lots to offer her fans but Kylie is really at her best when it's pure unadulterated, feel good disco/ dance pop she delivers.

Fever was the last time Kylie got it totally right and she has done it again with Aphrodite- the album plays totally to her strenghts- its crammed full of uptempo, beat heavy dance tunes. Parlophone are already planning for an 18 month long/ 5 single promotion and you can see why... the album is crammed full of potential singles.

All the lovers is Kylie's best lead single for an album since Cant Get You Outta My Head... unlike slow or 2 hearts, it really sets the tone for the album this time, it's a good barometer for whether you'll like this album.

My personal faves so far:
Illusion is an insanely catchy tune with single written all over it, the melody is so catchy.

Aphrodite is a real feisty, "survivor" anthem penned by the hugely talented Nerina Pallot.

Mighty Rivers is a great chilled, laid back, summery track... a great bonus.

Get Outta My Way.. the next single, might take a bit to get going, but it's very catchy when it does,

Everything is Beautiful is a great mid-tempo, breezy track.

Cant Beat The Feeling is another feel-good uptempo anthem.

All things considered, this album should see Kylie being a bit more commercially successful than her last two albums were... it might be critiqued for being samey, all sounding the same, but yes, the album is unified and has a definite sound, but it works, just as it did on fever - kylie always does well when she serves up unapologetic dance/pop.

A real summer album to enjoy.
77 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2017
A really great album from Kylie. All the Lovers is one of her best ever songs, and there is not a week track. I love this album so much, I gave bought two copies, plus the Aphrodite Tour CD. Highly recommended.
on 8 July 2010
Well I have to say that I used to be a massive Kylie fan back in her early PWL days - 87 to 93. When she went all indie I just lost interest - then she went all cool with De-Construction and although this was a slight improvement - was still not interesting to me.....then she reinvents herself as a sex kitten (well, she always was AND IS) and spun us all around with more dance - much better stuff and for the next few years things were ok...but over the last 5 or 6 years I have lost interest...what with 'Body Language' etc....UNTIL NOW. Aphrodite is FAB - only got my copy yesterday and I'm loving it already - my fave track has to be 'Closer' - its fantastic - very dreamy n mysterious - LOVE IT!! This is Kylie at her best again - and I am really happy for her! Hope she brings 'Closer' out as a single - though I do love 'All the lovers' - Get this now.....
on 7 July 2010
I purchased the Experience Edition of this album and I have to say that this new record by Kylie Minogue is 100% hot and sexy. It's worth buying both the Standard and the Experience Edition, but in my opinion, the best one is the Experience: it contains an additional DVD which features some awesome live performances from the 'For You, For Me Tour', which took place in the United States and 2 Making-ofs.
As for the CD, I have to admit that I love any song on the record - except of the track entitled 'Illusion', which is a bit boring.

Best songs? 'Get Outta My Way', 'Put Your Hands Up', 'Aphrodite', 'Better than Today' and -obviously- the new single 'All the Lovers' :)

Final comment? 5 Stars ;)
on 29 July 2010
This is by far the best Kylie album in years and as good as Light Years and Fever. The Calvin Harris and Scissor Sisters co-writeen tracks are amazing and Get Outta My Way will be a fantastic second single. It is a really up tempo album and gels together much better than X. Kylie should never need a come back album but if she does, this is it. I can't wait for the supporting tour!!!
on 25 July 2010
Oh boy, where's the nearest nightclub? This album is brilliant hasn't been off the music system or car cd player since it arrived on Tuesday! Won't go into details on the tracks as others before me have done that well enough. Love all the tracks, would just say buy it, would be very surprised if you didn't like it.
on 12 June 2010
This is Kylie at her best have heard snippets of 8 of the tracks and love it :) Stand out tracks are Put your hands up and the title track Aphrodite. This is Kylie back to her pop roots and a must for everyone.
on 10 July 2010
My first reaction on listening to this album was that this sounds like the kind of music Danni Minogue was making back in the 1990s. I think I even dissed it to a few mates who asked me what the new Kylie album was like. Don't get me wrong, I loved the lead single but bar the title track I just didn't get it and was back listening to a proper dance album for 2010; Kelis. But then something changed, it all made sense. I went from hating the second single, Get Outta My Way to thinking it was a dance floor super beast. Cosmic Boy is eh, cosmic. Kylie has totally done the right thing by allowing Stuart Price control of this album as it makes total sense from beginning to end unlike the mess that was Body Language and X. I predict that 2010/2011 is going to see Kylie back back back with a vengeance.
on 19 October 2016
I actually really liked this album. I thought this should've been the album to make a comeback after her cancer instead of X. I agree with what some people have said about her voice. It has become quite nasally and the falsetto can be quite annoying. I prefer her voice from her PWL days. Even though I'm fond of the album, it hasn't set the world alight with excitement. All The Lovers Was the only single to get anywhere!!