on 29 December 2014
The complete Package really is a great release. Are You Being Served? is great, filled endless innuendo, hilarity and mischief. The Pilot episode is only shown in black and white on this release where as there is a colour version on the separate series releases released years ago by the BBC. The comedy stays strong throughout the first 5 series with episodes such as Camping In, His and Hers, Big Brother, German Week, Shoulder to Shoulder, Christmas Crackers, Fire Practice, Take Over and It pays to advertise being amongst the funniest of the series. With the departure of Mr Grainger the series dips slightly but still manages to keep the audience laughing, however it is obvious that with the departure of Mr Lucas the comedy does go down hill and becomes more and more outlandish, however the series is still fantastically funny with great episodes like, The Night Club. Overall this series is fantastic and provides the audience with hours of endless comedy!
4 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2015
TIMELESS CLASSIC COMEDY as fresh and funny now as when it was first shown all those years ago, with a perfectly cast team who are totally believable in their roles.
This is from TV comedy's peak period that produced Dads Army and It Ain't Half Hot Mum, all still funnier than anything since.
The catchphrases of R U Being Served were brilliant and entered everyone's daily language, I've counted 9 so far, including such gems as "I'm Free / They'll ride up with wear / They are being worn long this year". Then there's Mrs Slocombe who's always being "unanimous", with her hilarious tales or her 'pussy' causing Wendy Richard to struggle to keep a straight face. There must be some terrific out-takes somewhere.
Wonderful stuff. In the words of young Mr Grace (old Mr Grace doesn't get about much): You've All Done Very Well!
3 people found this helpful
on 5 July 2015
I love this set, the packaging is so incredibly smart the way the digi trays are like pages in a book that are so secure not a single disc slipped its holder on its way to the USA.. I wish the States would use this type of packaging it would end disc damage from rough handling.
Are You Being Served is an American favorite Britcom, I haven't laughed this hardily since watching Keeping up Appearances.. The 70's are like the golden age of British television with so many great shows.
Love this set it is the complete 10 seasons with Christmas specials, to bad the first episode is in black & white since so where out their is a colorized version. The extras in this set are a lot of fun to watch, seeing these old British stalwart actors & actresses being discussed and appreciated for their contributions to the show leaves you with a smile on your face.. My AYBS is sitting right next to my AYBS Again set and now it's complete!

Highly Recommend, this set is Brilliant.. Blind buyers you will not regret buying this!
on 6 December 2014
I thought I would write a review now as I feel it is worth pointing out. After a year of a few plays the discs started to jump, pause unexpectedly and now a few episodes are unplayable. I thought I would try to see if it was my player, but now I upgraded to a Blu-ray player and the problems still persists. I do like AYBS so it means I will have to purchase it again, but this time I shall go for the full 10 series. I hope that that does does incur the same problems. I still give it 4 stars as the stars are for the show and not the reliability of the discs, if I was to rate that, then the rating would be 1 star.
on 11 February 2016
A really enjoyable collection. The cast work very well together, and unlike many so called celebs today, these people have talent! If you want to hear great music, just listen to Mr Rumbold on the accordion, organ and piano. If you want to see a great song and dance act, look no further than Mr Humphries.

This is comedy as it should be.
on 9 August 2015
I can't even remember how and when I got into this series but am sure glad I did! Incredibly funny and completely unlike anything you see today. Pretty good value but you can't really put a price on so many hours of laughter. Great to have the whole lot in one box set to bring out every now and then for when I've got a free hour or so or to cheer myself up. Classic 'Britcom', one of my all-time favorite programmes.
on 13 August 2017
Brilliant series that stands the test of time . Had all the episodes in various DVDs so I purchased this set to reduce the size of space they took up. In today's world the Mr Grace characters are creepy and definitely dirty old men but they are not in it enough to ruin the series.
on 20 August 2017
Are You Being Served? is one of my favourite series and I am very happy with my purchase. The picture and sound are of good quality. The dvds include English subtitles which are very convenient if English is not your first language (like me) and you want to make sure you get all the jokes :) The package also includes special features like characters' bios, interviews with the actors, etc. A great buy!
on 16 March 2018
I am old enough to remember when Are You Being Served was on tv. I thought it was funny then and I still laugh. Yes I know, that some things are now not politically correct, again I know what it was like in the 1980's
on 11 August 2013
I remember watching this series as a teenager and loving it. My teenaged son has
now discovered it and absolutely loves it. It is delightful to hear his
laughter as he watches each episode and to be able to revisit some enjoyable
times from my childhood with him.
13 people found this helpful