Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 15 April 2011
This is a very short book but definitely worth a read. I found it very informative about the psychological disease of anorexia and the author expresses her experiences very clearly. I particularly liked the way the mind games, the compulsions and obsessions with foods, weight control, calorie counting and exercising were detailed and also how her illness affected her family. Also, to note, is the way the problem was overcome by focusing on more important issues in her life.

It is very well written and I would recommend it to anyone, whether or not they have or know someone with anorexia and I would imagine that it would be of benefit to those trying to overcome similar obsessions.
on 8 July 2012
I was disappointed in this title. The narrative runs helter-skelter and there is little in the way of meaningful insight or reflection on the causes of the eating disorder. The author clearly has an interesting story to tell but the book is let down by the writing style, which isn't really mature or serious enough. I felt like I was reading an email from a relative or a creative writing exercise for school.

There are also a few basic proofreading errors which really should have been caught. Overall, I can't recommend this or claim that it was worth the time and money I spent on it.
on 31 May 2015
A very short but honest and informative account of the author's experience of anorexia. Very open, containing some unpleasant truths, such as the lifelong struggle with entrenched anorexic behaviours and mind set. All in all, a worthwhile read.
on 22 February 2011
provides a true and honest account of a suffer and tells of the many things we want others to know but are too afraid or embarrassed to say.
on 27 December 2012
After dealing with a friend who has severe anorexia and is in and out of hospital regularly this book has really helped me understand and "get inside" the head of an anorexic! I believe everyone should read this book, to spread the awareness of anorexia and eating disorders and try to demolish the taboo subject. This book also helps dispel myths and untruths linked with anorexia. Congratulations on both the book & the baby xx
on 5 March 2013
I thought the book have me good insight into the life of an anorexic person but I think that it could have been edited better. It is repetitive with some words being used over and over, it felt like it had been rushed which made it sometimes confusing to read.
on 1 January 2013
I don't know why, but I felt very bored when reading this. It had a few moments of interesting fact but otherwise was an entire waste of time and money.
on 29 May 2013
Read this book in one sitting. A real honest account of a girl who has you routing for her from the very first page. A super ending.
on 2 April 2014
Was all over the place, no solid plot so at times seems like the author was just rambling, sorry but I was really disappointed
on 12 June 2015