on 31 August 2012
Well, after buying much cheaper equivalents from 2 other sellers, and finding that neither of them will charge my iPad 3 (despite the descriptions claiming that they would) I opted to go for this (much more expensive) one. It's also sold on the Apple store (for a lot more money) so I was a little more optimistic. Well I was certainly not disappointed. This cable does the job perfectly. It's thicker than other apple portable device cables I have, and therefore marginally heavier, but apparently it needs to be, in order to carry the higher charge required by the iPad 3 (larger batter than the iPad 2) over the longer 3 metre cable length. If you're thinking of buying a longer cable for your iPad 3, look no further! Don't waste your money on cheapo £3 alternatives, they just don't work!
I ordered this Griffin cable so that when our iPads are low on charge we can sit on the settee and still use them while they are charging. The 3m cord length is ample and the iPads charge albeit more slowly than with the shorter Apple lead.

So why only 3 stars? Well, given the cost of this cable there are three things Griffin could have done better. Firstly, this Griffin cable represents the antithesis of the iPad's cool - the cable itself is not nice looking, it is an "industrial" murky beige and quite thick at that, although, there are supposedly technical reasons for this. Secondly, the Griffin iPad connector is much bulkier than the Apple version. Apart from the ugly appearance, inserting the Griffin plug whilst the iPad is in its case is difficult because the plug won't fit into the aperture on either of our (different) cases. Finally, even with the case removed from the iPad, the Griffin connector doesn't seem to have the same "snap fit" as the Apple one and this gives you the feeling that it could fall out at any time which it has done a couple times.

If this cable were cheaper I would be more forgiving, but this is an expensive (for what it is) branded product and I'd expected better based on some of the other cables I've bought from suppliers on Amazon and the Griffin reputation for design and quality. Whether, in the light of these comments, and those of a number of other reviewers, Griffin will consider it worth improving this product now that the latest generation of iPads have Lightning Connectors is another matter. The shortcomings of this cable are inconsistent with most other Griffin products, and, therefore, the most generous assessment is, in my view, mediocre at best.
on 7 June 2011
Its an apple dock long lead - can't say much more about it. A bit pricey for what it is and the cable is quite thick and a bit inflexible - but it suited my purposes - if not my pocket
on 26 May 2014
This was a touch expensive at the time but I was fed up with having to be close to a charging point to use the iPad. Many cheaper but ultimately awful cables later, I stumbled across this cable and have found it very useful. It allows me to use my iPad at comfortable distances from a power socket! The only issue that I have with this cable is that it does become dislodged easily if you knock the iPad. It also doesn't fit with every case due to the thickness of the head of the cable but it is a worthwhile purchase.
on 20 April 2011
Very nice quality cable with good, solid connectors. However, it doesn't seat well on an iPad 2, due to there being quite a bit of inexplicable forward/backward play when you plug it in. Despite the connector being almost identical to a genuine Apple one, I'm unable to replicate the problem with the original cable. I'm reluctantly returning mine and waiting for a product that's updated for iPad 2.
on 16 July 2012
This product is great when you first get it. For those people with an iphone or iPad, the extra length is great when on the sofa or in bed.
That is until after 2-3 months they actually stop working. I have bought 4 and 3 have just stopped working. Faulty connection, lack of power or whatever.
With Amazon you only get a 30 day damage goods return policy and Griffen dont care after 90 days.
Absolute joke
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 November 2013
Why do Apple insist on supplying the shortest cable possible with their products? The supplied iPad cable barely reached from the plug socket beside my sofa to the sofa armrest, so I went hunting for a longer cable. Don't bother with the cheap ones - you get what you pay for. I learned that the hard (and expensive) way. Belkin and Griffin are my go-to brands now.

This cable has had daily use from day 1. It charges my iPad, my husbands phone, and the iPhones of various visitors who've shown up with nearly flat batteries. It gets the job done, as you would expect.

My only criticism is that the connectors do not always seem to grip into the device awfully well. If I'm not careful, it can fall out of my iPad after I've tilted it slightly or turned it a few degrees. The cable stays in, but the connection is lost enough that charging stops. I should not have to keep checking on it! For that reason, it gets 4 stars and not 5.
on 24 January 2016
Conducts hulk strength power to my iPad.
This cable means I can actually get on with my virtual life all the time while i'm using my iPad it still manages to outcharge it.
I've had issues with other cables not being strong enough. This is great... durable... Oh and I've had it a year now.
Just get it.
on 10 October 2013
Better than any other longer lead I have ever bought for my iPad 2, it appears to charge as fast as the original lead that comes with the iPad. I am disabled and as such require my iPad beside my bed on charge. I haven't room to put a charging base on the bedside table so I keep my iPad in my bedside draw. To do this I have to plug the charger into the electric socket behind the bed and then pull this wonderfully strong cable up through the back of the draw. It is the thickness of the cable that I love as others haven't liked being continually tugged over the back of the draw. So if you want a good strong powerful charging cable for an iPad or iPhone then I would highly recommend this. Just note that the lead is probably at least double the thickness of the normal iPad cable, just in case you wouldn't want this. One other point I find that it connects well to the iPad and I haven't had any troubles with getting it to fit with the back cover I have in my iPad or the Apple Smart Cover. It is possible some people may find the cable/plastic surrounding the connector a bit thick for their set up. I would definitely recommend.
on 12 February 2014
This is of a much higher build quality than others I have tried. The cable and plug are well insulated and feel sturdy and tough. Unfortunately for me the 30pin connector is so well shielded that I have to remove the iPad from its plastic back protector to use it. Just a tiny bit less plastic would have made it perfect. Having said that I would still buy it again as its a minor nuisance only