on 6 January 2013
100 short, clearly stated tips on how to achieve mindfulness. Thanks to the book I gained a better understanding of why it is important to meditate and why one should meditate on regular bases. I was surprised to read mindfulness is recommended for dealing with physical pain as an alternative to taking painkillers or purpose disturbances.
on 17 February 2010
got it for a person who meditates every day and they loved it. tiny mini-book that you can keep next to your meditation spot and just read one of the pages for inspiration. each page contains one quote by kabat-zinn. also handy if you don't want to read a whole book but want to have an idea of what's mindfulness about. very good little gift for mindfulness lovers or starters.
on 2 July 2012
I was disappointed with this book as it appeared to be just
Extracts from full catastrophe living which I did not think was made
Clear in the write up. Would not recommend this book as value for money.
on 30 August 2012
I have Full Catastrophe Living and this is a really good companion to have to hand: I have this on the kindle app on my phone and refer to it now and then during the chaos of working life.
I really enjoy having it to dip in to.
on 16 September 2013
This book was such a big disappointment. I am finding mindfulness to be a very helpful life technique, but this book is superficial, full of cliches, lacking in any depth, requiring little intelligence on the part of the reader. I wish I hadn't bothered. I have returned to other mindfulness books for ongoing help.
on 17 January 2012
It is very good and very helpful for mindfulness pracice, well written and composed. I would recommend it cetainly for good health and contentment. I give it a vote of confidence for my part
on 3 June 2013
Another very good book from kabat-zinn. This is "full catastrophe living" in 100 lessons. It teaches us to look around with "beginner`s mind"! Mindfulness is in everything. At this very moment!
on 12 October 2012
I believe the idea is to work through the 100 lessons/pages alongside meditation. I would describe it as a lovely little yoga book which works on the belief that we should live in the present. Like it!
on 28 December 2012
this has become a good little companion book which gives you a feel good factor and to appreciate whats around you.
on 23 January 2014
Definitely to be go with Arriving at your own door, again a book I would recommend for people with an illness