on 28 July 2011
I have been using this for 2 months having previously used several other heart rate monitors including the higher end Sunnto T6 and thoroughly recommend it as a simple, easy to use heart rate monitor.

One of the most important factors in picking up this over other products was the comfort of the belt/strap. This new Suunto Dual strap is the the most comfortable i have worn, many other reviews seem to suggest similar and I often forget I still have it on!

The buttons and fascia are large and are very clear and easy to use even whilst running or at the gym which is a huge bonus.

In order to get more accurate Calorie counts you have to initially input some personal settings: your weight, level of fitness, Maximum Heart Rate (usually 220 minus your age) and standing Heart rate (you will discover this with time.) It is also important to remember to update them as necessary.

What features does it have?
- Displays your current heart Rate
- Total Time run
- Average Heart Rate
- max Heart Rate
- Calorie Count
- Which training Zone you are in eg: Zone 3 is 80%-90% of your maximum (this is useful for pacing yourself)
- after training it will tell you how long and what percentage of your training was in each zone, which i find invaluable for measuring the intensity of a workout as well as calorie counts etc.
- Totals for last 4 weeks of training and a total since you last reset the counter.

Although I have given it 5/5 and wholly recommend it, there are two simple feature that I wish it did have and DOESN'T, these are,
- a lap/interval function (would be simple and really handy for runs and short sprints)
- Ability to review more then the last session or the last month (eg: two sessions ago)

Finally i think it looks great (that is subjective) and regularly wear it as a watch rather than my normal watch.

UPDATE: Almost 2 years on and with plenty of use this is still working perfectly. I have had to change the batteries on the watch once but not yet on the belt.

UPDATE #2: Almost 4 years on and still working perfectly. Finally had to change the batteries on the belt after around 2-3 years
on 21 June 2011
hey folks, never bothered with this review malarky before but as noone had done one for this before i thought i should!

wow...what a nice bit of kit!

just started running as i got a bit soft around the edges and knowing a bit about fitness generally i knew that the best way to burn the most fat off was to train in cardio zone one(for those of you who dont know what it means just google it)

works perfectly....been using it for a couple of weeks and couldnt be happier with it...the belt is comfortable and the watch is brilliant

didnt need a watch that planned my runs for me, as i knew what i wanted to do and when i was going to do it.....if you need that go for the m4 which is only 20 quid more than this one

looks good and isnt a great big chunk of a thing on your wrist like some of the monitors out there

overall i would reccomend this to anyone, who was, like me a bit of a newcomer to the field and was looking for something simple, and not over complicated to get going with

hope this helps!
on 11 November 2012
I required a simple basic heart rate monitor, this model is perfect for my needs. Both batteries are easily replaced and the transmitter strap is very comfortable even on my 54 inch chest.

I only required heart rate monitoring, this unit does it with total reliability. The watch is strapped to my bike handlebars with a piece of grey foam pipe insulation in between, the large digital display is easy to read without relaxing my grip.

I have not attempted to use all the functions, I just don't need them.

Packaging and delivery from Amazon was of the usual First Class.

UPDATE: January 2015

Monitor failed, unit totally dead. tried changing batteries, no response. Tried using both units with friend's system - my transmitter is ok but the monitor is dead.

Unit out of guarantee so I'll now look for a replacement, the Timex ones look quite good and are considerably cheaper.
on 21 May 2012
Bought this Suunto as they are well made and is an attractive design (the basic Polar watches look really cheap and plasticky). Does the job for running, but if the watch is even slightly further away e.g. mounted on handlebars, it often loses the signal from the belt. The belt is however quite light and comfortable.
Could also do with a backlight as it is impossible to read in the dark.
on 3 September 2011
Very easy to use and set up - great for the price and looks so much nicer than most of the black manly monitors. My only issue is the warranty / support from Suunto - there isn't any! I emailed them as my battery died after 3 months (which I thought was quite poor)and after 7 months I havent heard back from them. But in all a great product.
on 11 March 2012
The band that comes with this is indeed worth the extra cash, compared to the M1. The menu, the clock and program is all very good - yes even the batterylife.

I do however miss having light in the watch, that seems to be very standard these days - the only reason i don't use this watch on a daily basis.
on 21 January 2013
Once it is working, it does a good job.
I had trouble linking the watch to the monitor; the trouble shooting instructions are limited, so I had to call Suunto, who were very helpful. I reveresed the monitor battery for 10 seconds and that fixed whatever the problem was.
The monitor links itself automatically to all the kit at the gym, so I only need the watch when I am outside. The display is clear, though the stopwatch doesn't have great functionality. The rest is pretty easy to set up and use. It does what I need it to do without any fuss.
on 11 May 2013
I have very small wrists, and i have this watch on the 3rd hole. It is very comfortable. It works well swimming, cycling or running. I just wish i bought a fancier one!
I seem to have over stretched the chest strap, i have a 32 inch chest and had it almost on the tightest setting. It still works, but a replacement is £50 and you wouldn't want to get that second hand!
on 3 March 2013
it works well everything you need to train, however during high impact training the strap across your chest gets irritating and moves alittle bit
on 28 December 2012
Have used this watch on a daily basis for the past month and it works great, does exactly what it says on the box, the chest strap does not bother me at all in fact it is very comfortable, great product and great delivery service.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price