Top positive review
32 people found this helpful
Simply a great Heart Rate Monitor
on 28 July 2011
I have been using this for 2 months having previously used several other heart rate monitors including the higher end Sunnto T6 and thoroughly recommend it as a simple, easy to use heart rate monitor.
One of the most important factors in picking up this over other products was the comfort of the belt/strap. This new Suunto Dual strap is the the most comfortable i have worn, many other reviews seem to suggest similar and I often forget I still have it on!
The buttons and fascia are large and are very clear and easy to use even whilst running or at the gym which is a huge bonus.
In order to get more accurate Calorie counts you have to initially input some personal settings: your weight, level of fitness, Maximum Heart Rate (usually 220 minus your age) and standing Heart rate (you will discover this with time.) It is also important to remember to update them as necessary.
What features does it have?
- Displays your current heart Rate
- Total Time run
- Average Heart Rate
- max Heart Rate
- Calorie Count
- Which training Zone you are in eg: Zone 3 is 80%-90% of your maximum (this is useful for pacing yourself)
- after training it will tell you how long and what percentage of your training was in each zone, which i find invaluable for measuring the intensity of a workout as well as calorie counts etc.
- Totals for last 4 weeks of training and a total since you last reset the counter.
Although I have given it 5/5 and wholly recommend it, there are two simple feature that I wish it did have and DOESN'T, these are,
- a lap/interval function (would be simple and really handy for runs and short sprints)
- Ability to review more then the last session or the last month (eg: two sessions ago)
Finally i think it looks great (that is subjective) and regularly wear it as a watch rather than my normal watch.
UPDATE: Almost 2 years on and with plenty of use this is still working perfectly. I have had to change the batteries on the watch once but not yet on the belt.
UPDATE #2: Almost 4 years on and still working perfectly. Finally had to change the batteries on the belt after around 2-3 years