on 26 September 2010
I bought this hairdryer to replace my Revlon which I'd had for 6 years without problem until it gave up the ghost.

For the price, it is very good. It's powerful and doesn't take long to dry my hair. The attachments are great - the thin nozzle really helps when you're going for a really smooth finish. The diffuser does help with volume but to be honest it's a faff and I don't use it.

The hairdryer is quite loud and quite heavy compared to my old one, but produces great results and is well-made. The materials also feel good quality.

I would recommend this hairdryer as a good mid-range option.
on 2 November 2013
I only bought this because it comes with extra length cable.
Its a good hairdryer, dries hair in no time.
The only things are the buttons are on the handle where you grip it so sometimes you accidentally flick the button and also the slightest tap to the nozzle and it falls off.
on 12 June 2012
This hairdryer is excellent. Smooth hair, fast drying and easy to use and control. Brought after reading the reviews and very glad I did. I have shoulder length, fine, highlighted hair which can be prone to looking a bit coarse after blow drying. Using this hairdryer with a paddle brush has completely changed the results of blow drying my hair - straight and smooth - brilliant! Along with the usual prompt service from Amazon of course!
on 18 January 2015
After reading the other reviews I'd expected great things of this hairdryer but have been quite disappointed by the fairly key design flaws. The biggest problem is the position and type of controls to change the temperature and speed. They've been placed on the handle in exactly the place you need to grip, without enough space between them to put your fingers. And as they're angled switches rather than slide buttons, when you grip the handle it's almost impossible not to push them back into the "neutral" position, medium temp and speed. I'm finding this REALLY annoying. It's quite a heavy dryer so you need to be able to hold it comfortably but it's almost impossible to do so without altering the controls. The second problem is that the hot setting is too hot, but the medium setting is too cold. As per the other reviews my hair is definitely shinier and sleeker than with my last ionic dryer, but I know I'm going to end up replacing it long before its necessary due to the annoying features.
on 30 September 2013
Just a couple of things. Dries my hair in 2 minutes flat, but there is absolutely no way I can bear the third hot setting, so I use it on the middle heat. Leaves my hair really silky smooth, which is a revelation! Nice long cable as well. I 'used to' wait a couple of hours with a towel on my hair, then get the irons out, so takes about 3 hours normally to dry my hair.

With going to the pool every day, and getting fed up of going outside with damp hair, I decided to try out their dryers, with great success. (I used to find dryers would really dry out my hair and make it really frizzy in the past.) So I decided to get my own dryer. I am sooo glad I did. I think it really does pay to go for a higher end dryer in this case. Highly recommended. Just PLEASE be careful of the mega heat setting!!!!
on 14 April 2013
the hairdryer was slightly heavier than I expected it to be, however having read the reviews before I bought it, knew this would be the case. I would recommend this product, my previous hairdryer that a hairdresser friend had bought for me was good, this was far surpasses the old one, great value for money. Easy to use and a good long cable.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro drier is powerful. I am comparing it with a Revlon Drier that has been home for over a year. With the Revlon drier, one had to move closer to the socket because it had a short cable barely 2 meters. The Remington device has a 3m cable which additionaly is thicker. It dries hair really fast and leaves impressive results.

The Diffuser is a bit of a let down in that though it has many protrusions, it feels pricky on the skull because the protrusions on it are much smaller and slightly sharper. My Revlon has more skull-friendly Diffuser.
One other thing downside is that in terms of accessories Remington only comes with a Diffuser. The Revlon was packed with more accessories i.e. a brush and 4 combs, 4 clips, and 4 self grip rollers and a number of other driers come with more accessories.

Even though Remington drier has 3 heat settings and 2 speed settings compared to the Revlon drier's 4 heat and 3 speed settings, I could not see any difference in the performance of the two driers arising from the speed/heat settings. On Revlon the switch to change heat and speed settings is some sort of slider, which is difficult especially with oily hands. Remington on the other hand has buttons that are very easy to operate when increasing heat and speed. Despite fewer speed and heat functions, Remington performs better than revlon, may be because it's powered by a more powerful motor at 2200 watts.The filter at the back of the drier is protected by a metalic ring as it is located deeper compared to Revlon where the filter is the last part at the back

I highly recommend this high performance Drier especially with a very long 5 years quarrantee since most driers are only quarranteed for a hyear or 2.
on 3 September 2011
I bought this hairdryer when it first came out from another online retailer. I chose this model for the simple fact it was powerful ionic and the hair diffuser was included. It has a long cable and it is really a big plus as short cables can be extremely annoying when the plug is far from your mirror. When I first started using it I thought it was rather heavy compared to my old less powerful hairdryer. I don't know how to blow-dry my hair on my own but I would think any1 would get tired arms using this hairdryer as all the weight is mainly placed at the back of it.

It has 3 heat settings one coldish, warm and hot. The first one is good for the warmer weather. Warm one is really is my personal favourite. My only problem with the hot settings is that it gets a bit too hot and I have to keep pressing the blue cold shot button to get it to a reasonable heat again.

I have wavy hair and when I want to straighten my hair I use the hair nozzle which makes my hair pretty straight even without using a round brush. so quiet please with that.

Now, the diffuser is a real disappointment. It just keeps falling off even just by moving the hairdryer as u do. It works ok but it's just so annoying literally having 10 seconds it goes flying and it can also be quiet dangerous. I took advantage of the fact my son put it in the rubbish, I suspect, and bough a DIVA universal diffuser from amazon It is a lot bigger and does a much better job and most importantly it fits!

Looks wise it's a very attractive piece of kit in my opinion. Black glossy look with girly print on the side.

Overall I am happy with the speed of how this hairdryer works. Having paid and higher price for this and also had to buy a new diffuser I don't think it was particularly good value for money.

I would discourage anyone from buying this hairdryer if it's a diffuser they r looking for. It's a bit on the heavy side and the hot heat settings can get too hot.

At this new reduced price I think it's better value for money than it used to be before.

Nice but it could have been better for the price.
on 18 September 2015
As i have thick hair it takes time to get them dry so this is perfect. This is close to professional ones at hair salons. Great quality and recommend to everyone who spends a lot of time to get their hair dry.
on 3 July 2012
I bought this hairdryer as most of the recommendations were good. Unfortunately I agree with the minority. It isn't as powerful as I was expecting, gets very hot, and the on/off switch is really badly positioned on the handle so it keeps switching off during use. Also the handle is very long so with the nozzle on, it is not well balanced. The only real plus is the long cord.