on 4 February 2017
I received this digital food thermometer. It has shown to be very accurate. I checked it against a metered thermocouple. I haven't used it in anger just yet. However, I see no reason for it not to work. In it's favour, it is very simple to use. My only observation is that the magnet on the back, seemed a little weak. I may fix some heavy duty Velcro to the back instead of relying on said magnet. For the money, I think it was exceptional value.
Nicely made unit, would have been handy if it has some other way to hang it as my cooker is not magnetic but a minor bug. Probe unplugs from unit for easier storage. Temperature in C or F or a timer - leave the probe in whilst you cook and wait for the 'beep' to tell you its at temperature -
on 30 July 2017
Excellent used while making home brew
on 1 July 2017
Did not work. Returned for refund
on 15 January 2016
I own two (bought one, given one) and have given two as gifts. Brilliant, simple, reliable, accurate. Get one!
on 19 August 2017
Gave as a gift.
on 31 January 2016
This unit doesn't work. The pressure required the press the buttons makes the display mal- function & it just resets at every press. It makes it impossible to set the temp required & then the display switches off a few seconds later. Very frustrating.
on 9 April 2017
We'd bought this timer years ago and it's brilliant. My husband is registered blind and wanted exactly the same product again. I doubted it still existed, but it did, c/o you. So thanks for continuing to stock it.
on 20 June 2017
Not had much luck but maybe a one off problem? It measures very slowly but doesn't seem to approach the right temperature. Tested it in boiling water as well and no luck.
on 29 January 2014
I opened the box, popped a battery in, tested some boiling water, and the thermometer returned 99C. Good, it's working. Tested some ice water next, and the thermometer returned 64C. That isn't right. Replace battery, flip switches back and forth, and re-seat the probe. Nope, apparently the ambient temperature in my house is currently 78C. I live in Scotland, this is impossible. All in all, it died in less than 5 minutes.

Do yourself a favour, avoid like the plague.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse