TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 January 2013
This is a great compilation, straying as it does into the realms of tracks that are not normally found on these kinds of albums. And I've bought more than my fair share of them in my ongoing (and so far remarkably unsuccessful) attempts to revisit my youth without the help of a DeLorean or an old police box.

I got it because of the two Bananarama numbers - there, that's my confession over and done with. The presence of 'You're History' by Shakespears Sister merely confirmed to me the wisdom of my choice. And there were still thirty seven other songs to listen to. I don't think I had ever heard an Echo & The Bunnymen track before I bought this. After a few trips through 'The Killing Moon', I feel as though I've wasted thirty years of my music-listening life!

There are a few of the old standbys - 'Johnny Come Home' is a prime example of that although 'Suspicious Minds' is an FYC song that is far from ubiquitous. Simply Red somewhat pollute the atmosphere with 'Money's Too Tight To Mention', a song that seems to be some kind of good luck charm for every compiler of any 80s collection. The same applies to 'Don't Get Me Wrong'. A right pair of rabbit's feet THEY are. It's not everyday you get to enjoy Mari Wilson's 'Just What I Always Wanted' though. Nor Nick Kamen's 'Every Time You Break My Heart'. I'm not saying they are particularly good, just that it is nice to be reminded of some of the 'forgotten' 80s hits.

Putting Bananarama to one side for a moment...(excuse me for just one second, I've lost my train of thought a bit now. I have Sara on one side, Keren on another. Oh God, and there's Siobhan)... heavens to goodness. Oh yes, well, this double CD is a very thoughtfully put together collection of songs. I'm not entirely convinced that is down to any considerations with regard to royalties either. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a more 'authentic' Eighties experience.
on 29 November 2013
Bit 'so so' I'm afraid. Okay, but don't expect too much. Seemed to have left all the best tunes out from the 80's.
on 26 April 2013
Great songs took me back to the best time of my life,,,,good value ,,it got all my friends up dancing?....
on 31 October 2013
loads of great hits from the eighties, would rate this a five stars. takes me back to my youth. recommended.
on 28 April 2015
great music brought back alot of memories