Customer reviews

on 13 September 2017
In 1979 I discovered Motorhead,Black Sabbath,Deep Purple,AC/DC and soon after ZZ Top and enjoyed their music until they became commercialised and appealed to the masses.My hair dropped out , my stomach grew and along came my wife and then son.My heavy metal was banished to the attic.Then about 8 months ago I watched an American reality show about customised cars and it featured some geezer called Zombie and it played a bit of his music-wow.I bought the CD about 6 months ago and have given my ears a pounding in my car as in my head I am back in 1979.Some tracks are very good and others not so,but,when talking to teenagers who like off beat music (I hate rap) for them to say it is too rough ,I prefer something more easy on the ear.It is as if my father is shouting at me again to "lower that noise" when my technics stereo bent the walls of my bedroom.Turn it up , annoy the neighbours dog and live that moment again
on 24 May 2017
super
on 6 March 2017
Highly recommended.
on 20 September 2017
Excement ex tra video was a bonus
on 3 November 2003
Rob Zombie has been around for many years so eventually there would be a Greatest Hits released. But this 2CD package is different from the usual greatest hits formula.
First of all, even though it says Rob Zombie, it includes White Zombie numbers. Secondly, half of the tracks are choice cuts from both Zombie's discography (not including the remix albums) while the other half consists of songs featured on soundtracks, 2 previously unreleased tracks and a Ramones cover. Also you get a bonus DVD containing 10 Zombie videos.
So not only is this album targeted at recent converts to Zombie, it also targets Zombie completists. The only reason i'm not giving this 5 stars is basically the fact that I (and other fans) have to fork out money for music I already have. While it is also good to have new Zombie material, some songs are questionable. For example: the cover version of Blitzrieg Bop and the duet with Lionel Ritchie! But then again Rob has always been an eccentric! And relating to the soundtrack songs, personally I would have put The One (from Escape From L.A.) and Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks and Cannonball Girls (from Beavis and Butthead Do America) on the album. But then again, you can't have everything!
But for me, these are minor criticisms, as what makes up for them is the bonus DVD containing the video's, especially Dragula. I forgot how funny that video is! Plus I never get to see any Zombie videos on TV (even on MTV2!). Overall a worthwhile purchase.
on 2 February 2004
It's a rare occasion for a "Best Of" set to be much good, as they usually contain songs you already own/can't stand any more/drunkenly croon to down the pub with the obligitory "Bonus Tracks" that feel like cast offs for a good reason. However, this is, in fact, a very good set not just because it has a good range of tracks, but the added value of the video disc as well.
OK, you may wonder how we got from the material from La Sexorcisto... to The Sinister Urge when you first put it on, or how Thunder Kiss '65 seems to last about a week, but at least it keep the earlier, embyonic version of the Zombie we know and love to a minimum (although WTPMF and Soul Crusher would've been good additions, all things considered), as well as where I first heard them - Feed the Gods from the Airheads soundtrack.
Maybe the material from Astro Creep: 2000... could be expanded upon, as only More Human Than Human and Supercharger Heaven figure, but they're still classic tracks in their own right and deserve to find an audience that weren't too interested in 1995. Lifting some soundtrack entries is an inspired idea but, as my fellow reviewer states, The One would've been just as good an addition.
However, once we move into the solo material, we do get the best of the best cuts, although once again I could gripe about one or two missing tracks, when you're bouncing around to Dragula this thought soon disappears faster than fromer drummer Ivan de Prume. In fact, there is only one gripe about the whole set that isn't just "I wanted Song X, Y and Z" - the cover of Blitzkrieg Bop, which just seems like a bad idea - even if it was in honour of Joey Ramone (RIP).
As for the video section, this is where the set comes alive, especially with three top notch vids (MHTH, Dragula, Never Gonna Stop...), as well as the never-before seen vid for...Phantom Stranger, which happens to be a damn good video in its own right. Yes, it misses the videos for Supercharger Heaven and Electric Head Pt. 2, but aren't you sick of my carping by now?
In fact, this is why it reminds me how good the Zombie Family Tree is - leaving me wanting more and returning to the albums is much better than stretching what material they have and lazily tossing in some offcuts. The best "Best Of" since the Smashing Pumpkins' "Rotting Apples" set, and that is as big a compliment as you can get.
VINE VOICEon 11 October 2005
This review purposely short so I can get back to hearing this amazing find! If there's one heavy metal band I can bear, and then bear again and again, Rob-Z it is. Not to wax nostalgic but it's so refreshing to find a band (amidst a smattering of wannabe noise-generators) that has the raw electromotive energy Metallica used to evoke just a decade ago. I'd give it a 5 star in a heartbeat, a blink, a gorilla drum thump, a guitar-pluck. Awesome buy.
on 6 July 2004
The videos kick ass but the music disc is all wrong. Theres not nearly enough early White Zombie on it. In fact, absolutley nothing previous to La Sexorcisto, which is quite rubbish, and only two songs from La Sex itself.
He also put far too many random covers and soundtrack songs on it. Silly man. The booklet's nice, though.
But all things considered, it's Zombie so by definition it kicks arse.
What we need now is an all new DVD with *ALL* his music videos on it (Super Charger Heaven, woo!) and maybe even a live show or two. That would be awesome. Come on Rob, pull yourself together, stop making pointless movies (much as I enjoyed HO1KC, I woulda prefered to see his efforts going into a new album), stop doing silly cover songs and rubbish duets, write some of the good old kick ass groovy stuff that we all know and love to be Zombie.