on 15 November 2010
In good faith I purchased Webroot Window Washer 2011 from Amazon. The product details as given on Amazon stated that the product was compatible with Windows 7. I experienced difficulties from outset. The application would stop working within seconds of starting a `wash` especially if the `bleach` option was selected from settings.
At one point an error message appeared stating an incompatibility had been encountered.
I did inform Amazon Customer Service when the error in product details was acknowledged after checking. I subsequently contacted Webroot and they accepted this was a problem presently being addressed and that customers encountering this difficulty would be advised on the Webroot Home page of the corrective download when this was available
on 8 March 2011
As a washer this works well. What I hate is that it is a one year licence which is not made clear in the description at all.

I fully accept no future updates or support after a year but the program completely ceases to work on its anniversary.

UPDATE: completely useless because does not work for Firefox 4 at all. I telephoned support and they confirmed this.
on 10 April 2011
I purchased this Webroot 2011. As I had existing webroot version 6.6 on my PC. This version is 6.5, Loaded up OK. But when I tried to update this version. It keep saying that my subscription had expired. In the end I had to by Webroot over the internet direct from them. Sill had trouble, but after mailing them they updated my subscription date, Now working Ok.
If I was buying for a new PC, then this product should be Ok. But If buying to upgrade, extend a existing software. Bite the bullet, and buy of Webroot direct. Hope this helps. Nothing wrong with this product, just did not work for me.
on 14 June 2011
I bought Windows Washer 2011 from Amazon in December 2010. Although it says Windows 7 compatible in the advert, the version I received was Ver 6.5 which isn't compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. I had to return for a refund it as that is the operating system I use.

I subsequently obtained a free trial of the newer version, Ver 6.6 direct from Webroot and that one is compatible with 64 bit Windows. In a departure from previous versions you now have to take out an annual subscription to carry on using it after the trial. Unfortunately, it had a number of bugs that made the program unable to function as advertised. An email from support confirmed they were known issues being worked on and indeed, I received an email saying there is an updated version available a few weeks ago but alas my trial has ended and there is no obvious way for me to try the latest version without taking out a subscription.

It's interesting that one of the previous reviewers stated he's using it with Win 7 64 bit. Did he buy it from Amazon or direct from Webroot? Since the Amazon advert still doesn't mention an annual subscription my feeling is that its still unlikely to be the latest version. If it's not, it should work fine if you are using a 32 bit Windows operating system but not a 64 bit one.
on 13 January 2012
This product does what it says on the box and when used in conjunction with another (free!) product (CC cleaner) it seems to do a pretty good job. Then why am I so dissatisfied? I bought it through Amazon in November 2011 thinking that I had received a product that would be usuable for a year but I am already receiving messages on screen telling me that it will expire next month. When this happened with a previous version of Webroot Window Washer not only did I not receive any updates when the expiry date was reached but the product was locked and became completely unusable presumably because Webroot will be releasing a new version at this time. I will not be wasting any more money on Webroot products.
on 12 January 2013
This really is brilliant - easy to use and quick when washing. Really works well cleaning temporary files from the hard drive. Advanced setting easy to use and you can easily custom washes as required. The bleaching setting is very good and all in all this is a must buy.
on 26 May 2013
shut down my laptop fron the internet auto connect function, problem went away when th esoftware was uninstalled, don't touch it,
Also would not update to latest version using either of the key codes provided by Webroot.
on 22 November 2011
amazon supplied useless software which clearly did not work with window 7home premium. following that amazon failed to reimburse me correctl after wasting a huge amount of my time please take me off your emails
on 13 May 2011
All the positive things said in these reviews are true, but there is also one big drawback which I admit only became clear to me some time after I bought it. The snag is that it can only be used to clean user accounts in Windows where there are Administrator rights. If like me, for security reasons, you like to do all your day-to-day stuff in an ordinary user account and you have an Administrator account which only you can access to make important changes, then you are stuffed with this product. It will only work if you are prepared to give Administrator rights to all user accounts.
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2010
It works well - at first, too well, because it knocked out a couple of programmes. Webroot e-mail support responding to my query was prompt & helpful and I was then able to curb the programme's over-enthusiasm. Now it's settled down, the prog is fine.