on 13 September 2010
My daughter received this item as a gift , as she is a big fan of the Blast Lab show , content is excellent and all you require are simple household items such as sugar , soap washing up liquid but nothing out of the ordinary.
Highly recommend this item, as has given my daughter a great deal of learning fun, also the manual included is excellent.
on 17 September 2010
Am relieved my Mum did not read earlier review before purchase as otherwise would have deprived my 2 budding scientist sons of a really nice product. All the things not included are everyday objects like salt, water, vinegar, washing up liquid, so I do not have to make a mad dash to the shops for expensive materials! There are a few things we do not have but they do not cost a lot of money anyway! Plus I am more than happy that they are experimenting with household stuff rather than dangerous chemicals. think reviewer missed the joke re needing a radiator- it's clearly meant to be humorous, because all you need it for is to dry some paper over! Lots of interesting experiments, sound principles and good information, we like it.
on 8 March 2013
I bought this for my son who loves science. Before we could start experimenting we had to purchase extra items, such as celery, sponge, sugar cubes. Before you realise you have spent at least another £20 only to discover that some of the experiments aren't that great. The crystals did not form, the celery didn't change colour. On the whole we were very disappointed.
on 27 May 2011
My daughter is 6 and loved ths kit. There aren't loads of experiments, but enough for a couple of weeks and then they may re do them again a few months later.
My daughter especially loved the goggles!!!!
You do get 2 pots of stuff with the kit, but couldn't find what experiment to use them in.. The things you do need are mostly things you would have at home.
on 3 February 2013
I bought this for my son as a christmas present, tried the first test but the calcium carbonate didn't disolve just sat at the bottom of test tube, gave it a shake to mix it up but it just settled at the bottom again. abandoned test and naven't tried any of the others yet.
on 19 November 2012
Bought this for my 7 year old son but he wont be able to get his hands on it until Xmas so cannot review actual content. The info on the box has got me excited about being able to eventually help my son with his experiments. I think it'll make him a very happy boy!
on 21 May 2012
My grand-daughter was pleased to receive this set for her Birthday and wanted to get started straight away. The educational value is good but it was quite expensive for what was actually included in the box. A book on what to do might have been better value.
on 17 February 2013
A good Christmas present for a young person as it included learning as well as genuine interest. A good rpesent.
on 11 January 2013
This was a present for a little boy aged 7. He absolutely loved it and has played with it ever since.
on 1 September 2014
Mr grandson just loved this item.