Format: DVD|Change

on 8 April 2016
I like Chris Addison from his TV appearances, and I found that there were quite a few really good laugh-out-loud moments in this show. But I do wonder if he slightly misjudged his audience, which didn't seem to be entirely with him at times. The show is not really overtly political, but Addison does have a left-wing slant to what he does, and the lengthy segment criticising Daily Mail readers fell particularly flat with the audience. And I find it can be a it uncomfortable watching when the live audience isn't laughing. He's on safer ground when he's being self-deprecating, and there is certainly a lot to enjoy here. Something that might put some people off is that it is pretty sweary - using both the F-word and the C-word on more than one occasion. I don't mind, but others might.
on 20 January 2016
Bought this dvd because I really enjoyed Chris Addison in Lab Rats.

As a stand-up comedian, however, while Chris was really funny at times, his set had quite a few weaker moments as well.

Also, I really could have done with (English) subtitles, as Chris wasn't always that easy to understand (especially for a non-native English speaker like me).
on 21 January 2012
After some excellent performances on TV, I was looking forward to this. The show itself, was patchy, funny in parts. THe best bits were when Chris didn't swear, it seemd to me that he was using swear for cheap laughs. The swearing was intermittent, but loads in short spaces, too much ni my view. The extras were good although the question and answer session was spoilt by swearing, instead of good answers. Ignore reviews on the DVD, this is not the funniest comedian ever.
on 2 February 2012
I was there on the night this was recorded in the Bloomsbury Theatre and was excited to see Chris Live initially, I knew him from his various tv appearances and had found him quite funny so went ready to laugh. The best I managed on the night was a slight titter here and there im sad to say, the rest of the time I felt quite uncomfortable actually. He seemed nervous on stage and struggled for words at times but worst of all his material was weak. Someone else mentioned about his swearing, and I totally agree, I have no issue with swearing but my problem was that he relied on this as a punchline to many of his jokes which to me was just plain lazy and not funny.

This may appeal to some but don't expect belly laughs, I only bought this cos I wanted to see myself in the crowd but I was pretty sure I wouldn't make the cut as they normally want to show people laughing. I think they might struggling in general for these shots.

He has potential, but I would skip this tour if I were you.
on 28 January 2012
Some of the diction - especially at the start of the performance when Chris appeared nervous - is poor which is not what you want when the spoken word is the key factor in your enjoyment.
This improved as the video went on, but I'm glad I waited until the price had dropped before making my purchase - I enjoyed the DVD, but guess I was hoping for better.
on 19 March 2012
Not really sure the rest of you were at the same show. Saw him in Shrewsbury and was brilliant. Non-stop laughs and a crazy structure with some improvization meant it was a great night, would throughly recommend the dvd. Great show Chris!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 March 2015
I was familiar with Chris Addison for his acting in comedy series like 'Skins' and 'The Thick of It', but I had never seen his stand-up. Recorded live at London's Bloomsbury Theatre, his act is that of a heavily scripted, conversational 'lecture' style, and it really works.

Although he appears to be considerably nervous on the stage, assumingly he's more at home in front of a camera, and he does swear a lot it would seem to get the occasional extra laugh, I thought his unique style of telling jokes was excellent, and this is a very funny show. Topics he brings up includes his views on students and universities, the pope (and I admit during this bit I cringed when he tells a cheap joke about Hillsborough, which I really don't think that was called for), fat people, his hatred for ugg boots and this very website and it's 'Amazon Recommends' feature.

I wouldn't say it was among the best stand-up I've seen, but it was still very enjoyable. I prefer him as a TV comedy actor, but he is a considerable comedian. 'Chris Addison Live' contains two special features: behind-the-scenes footage and a Question and Answers session with the audience.
on 7 November 2012
isn't it an own goal when a comedian swears excessively only to be "that" funny? he's far better on telly.
random flop.
on 10 July 2016
Really funny. I've seen him in panel shows like mock the week, stand up and also his sitcom labrats. His stand up will not disappoint
Also the behind the scenes extra is a must see.
on 31 December 2012
Purchased for a present for a friend who'se name is also Chris Addison. He enjoyed both the joke and the DVD!
Great product, good price, speedy delivery. Recommended.