Customer reviews

Kind Of Blue
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 September 2017
I like Bitches Brew, but this is much more accessible for those that aren't into the more avant-garde side of Jazz and music in general. I'd never heard this album before and found myself loving it. Well worth a listen if you've never heard it.
on 25 March 2016
Perfect , cool listening recording. Stick it on and sit back. Genius.
on 16 August 2017
Excellent classic cd
on 26 December 2014
Classic Jazz tracks from some of the best there have ever been.
on 15 October 2013
Mellow late nights with a scotch in one hand and your best beloved curled up against you on the couch fire in the hearth cold wind out side and Miles Davis need I say more?
on 2 March 2017
I fully expect to get loads of negative votes for this comment from die-hard jazz fans who believe that criticising this iconic album is tantamount to heresy. But this review very obviously isn't aimed at them, since they're bound to own the album already: it's meant to help prevent other non-jazz fans from making the mistake I made i.e. wasting my money on what, to non-aficianados at least, is really just another jazz album.

All those people who say this is the one jazz album that even non-jazz fans will like must be jazz fans themselves; because there is absolutely nothing that I can hear which makes this different from any other similar album. Yes, if you're a fan of the genre, you'll probably love it and deem it to be an essential 5-star buy. But if not - despite what any so-called experts may say to the contrary - don't expect to be converted: you'll almost certainly dislike it just as much as you dislike every other jazz album.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2017
Immense piece of music, can listen to it forever, six stars for it.

However the quality of the audio is far inferior to the Columbia version of the same CD.

Get the Columbia version, ignore this one (Hallmark).
on 22 November 2012
World class recording from 1959 - the key time for a whole series of top artists in early jazz, I heard a track off this on one of the Jazz radio stations & was so very pleased to have bought this.

Excellent, atmospheric stuff, late night, understated but top class music.

Get a copy!
on 23 February 2014
This has to be one of the greatest jazz albums of all time.

The music is easy on the ear, sublime, spacious and frankly, a pure joy from beginning to end.

I only discovered this album recently (about 50 years too late!) but I adore it and it rarely leaves my player.

A gem!
on 28 July 2017
Not being that familiar with jazz and having only 1 Ellington CD, I purchased Kind of Blue approximately 2 years ago. All I can say is I have listened to it most days since...maybe 500 times so far. It still sends shivers down my spine, and in my view it is one of the greatest albums that will be ever be recorded. I can honestly say it has changed my life.....
Buy it...listen...allow a few listens...then realise it's genuis...