on 7 April 2013
Very happy with this brush cleaner. Especially on my foundation brushes it does SUCH a better job than any previous brush shampoo (or conventional shampoo/baby shampoo) and really gives a fabulous deep clean. I strongly recommend this to anyone for use once a week on at least your foundation brush for proper hygiene as I was a wee bit shocked at the difference it makes! Also makes the bristles feel lovely, pliable, smooth and better than new again.

A few notes regarding some criticisms I've seen here in the reviews:

*It will leave a greasy film on the brush if it's not rinsed out properly. This cleaner is designed to be used and then MUST be rinsed out thoroughly. You absolutely cannot leave it in. Perhaps this is also a cause of damage.
*Do not leave your brushes to soak in it for an extended period of time. Don't fill up a cup and set the brushes down for a few hours. Again, I imagine this could cause damage.
*I use a few drops on an old saucer and work the brush in it till it's clean. A few drops will easily clean all of my eye brushes, but powder brushes soak up a bit more of the cleaner and will absorb up a few drops on their own. I tend to shampoo my blush and powder brushes then just give them a treatment with this cleaner once every 2 weeks for a really good cleanse.

Overall one bottle lasted me for about 2 months, using it 2-3 times a week on eye brushes (about 6) and 2-3 times a week on my foundation & concealer brush. As above, only every 2 weeks for my 4 denser brushes. But I think for £5, this is still pretty decent value and I wouldn't want to be without it now. It does a way better job than previous products I've tried.

Finally I must add that I only use cruelty free synthetic brushes, no real fur/hair. My review should therefore be considered potentially unreliable for non-synthetics, e.g. most MAC brushes etc.
on 13 March 2015
Having used this product before with no issues I'm really disappointed and annoyed that it has ruined my Elf stipple brush as per my photo. The bristles started coming out whilst I was cleaning my brush using this product and then the whole brush head came out!
review image
on 25 August 2011
This product cleaned my brushes really well, and the price is fantasti, especially compared to other brush cleaners like the MAC one. The delivery was super fast, very impressed.
on 16 November 2011
this product works! it cleans all my brushes and leave them feeling like new.
specially the one i use for gel eye-liner.
I will be buying this again when mine it's over
on 1 February 2012
Quick Delivery. Exactly what was described. Cleans brushes very well and extends the life of manky looking brushes. This product is great for cleaning brushes especially if you have acne as bacteria can breed on brushes.
on 4 April 2012
This product is fantastic. It cleans brushes in minutes making them feel soft and new. comes with easy to follow instructions on the back of the bottle. Medium sized bottle but you don't really need alot at a time so should give a good few cleans.
on 31 October 2011
Strictly Professional cosmetic brush cleaner is just as good if not better than some of the more expensive products on the market.
on 11 March 2012
I was in need of a decent brush cleaner as I had just been using shampoo and wanted something a bit more professional. However, I didn't have enough money to go and buy fancy ones like the MAC version.
I tested it out on all of my brushes, I pour quite a bit into a cup, and soak each brush in the product, wait for 15 minutes then rinse the product and the dirt out. There's a few things about this product that do irritate me though, when you pour it out if you get any on your fingers it feels horrible, like grease. As well as this, this product will not last me long, as when I put slightly bigger brushes into the product, it soaked up so much that I had to keep refilling the cup with it, and by the first wash of around 30 brushes, I had about half of the product left which I was generally a bit dissapointed with. It's excellent for cleaning the brushes and doing the job properly, but it will not last a long time.
on 17 February 2014
This product is absolute rubbish, it's has completely ruined my brushes, I have had large clumps of hair falling out of them, therefore I am unable to use them anymore! Don't waste your money, spend a bit extra on a brush cleaner that actually works and doesn't ruin you brushes!
on 3 May 2011
This cleaned my brushes really well, however I used the whole bottle in one go - which is why I only gave it a 4.