Customer reviews

1,338
Style: C270 Webcam|Change
Price:£19.99+ Free shipping

on 23 December 2016
Here is my experience with these cameras. When I bought one of these I was foolish enough to allow my initial impressions to lead me to buy another one. So, they both worked for a while and then one of them broke (the video goes completely blank, only the microphone continues to function). So, I contacted Logitech support and it took me a week or two to explain that this is not a software issue but a hardware one. So, they replaced it with a new one. Then, the second one broke in exactly the same way (tested on different USB ports and three different computers and two different operating systems --- exactly the same result). So, I contacted Logitech again and after a few weeks of explaining they eventually replaced this one as well. The replacement worked for a few more months and it broke as well (in exactly the same way!) So I contacted Logitech again and this time it took TWO MONTHS of explaining what the issue is, but eventually they REFUSED to replace it because it's been more than 30 days since the previous replacement. So, beware when buying this product as you will only get TWO replacements and when it breaks the third time (as I am sure it will) you will get nothing and will be forced to buy a different webcam.
on 16 April 2016
What I especially like about the Logitech C270 HD Webcam was as soon it was plugged into the USB socket the computer recognised as new hardware and straight away installed the appropriate Windows drivers. Next the sheer ease of typing into the Webpage Address bar – [...] and simply finding the Logitech C270 HD Webcam by simply clicking on Webcams, and then downloading the Logitech Webcam drivers and Software which downloaded and installed flawlessly just like a dream. Once installed the Logitech C270 HD Webcam gives the facility of motion detection – where one can take one’s photo if desired.

The Logitech C270 HD gives flawless Video and Audio reception and playbacks making the person with whom with you are talking to appear so close by. The Video and Audio reception is simply sublime and very clear.

For saying this Logitech C270 HD Webcam is such a reasonable price it belies its sheer quality. If you do need to have a Webcam then you require to look no further than this excellent pure value-for-money Logitech C270 HD Webcam. You will be as pleased and delighted with your purchase as I am. I sincerely endorse and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who might need or be thinking about getting a Webcam as this product is simply it. A value product and most reasonably priced.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 October 2016
A very affordable webcam for video conferencing and recording video clips. I brought this to try and record video clips for video tutorials. However, the picture quality isn't what i required. The video quality is good if recorded during the day but recording in low light - i.e. at night - the quality isn't great.

Picture quality:
-------------------
- Good in natural light
- Poor in low light

Software:
------------
- The provided software worked well on a Mac, but it keeps trying to update every time I turn on my MacBook.

Features:
------------
- Records 720p video
- Records audio

Recommend?
-------------------
- Ideal for day time use but not great for night time usage due to poor performance in low light.
Great thing about this 720p (max) inexpensive webcam is it doesn't have that audio codec used in the top end logitech models that imo sounds nasty if you don't at least find the settings for FM quality audio in recording settings.
It has the sound of a condenser mic with pretty linear frequency range.It's sibilant and crisp without sounding tinny.

As for the camera it's ideal if you aren't sure how powerful the persons pc is that you are getting it for as it can (in the downloadable software) be reconfigured to a lower resolution.
Just search logitechs uk site for the driver software entering the model number and voila.
The follow my face feature when used at 720p can sometimes tax old pcs processors but don't worry on anything i5/7 ish.
Colours and textures look nice and I even recognized my Dad's wallpaper as being spot on the same colour as in real life (He was too).

He's a bit scared that it tracks his face but I told him he can always disconnect it or turn that feature off.
The control panel UI for the camera is a tad big for 720p laptop screens but otherwise this is a steal.

You do have to download the software for it unless windows update is now including it in later versions of windows,theres no disk with it(or i should say there wasn't with ours)
It will work without the logitech software but just be on the max resolution which sometimes shows up too much of a room for some people.
The nice thing about this camera is it just works and you can buy it for someone who isn't crazy about adjusting too many things with confidence. Slower internet upload connections benefit from turning the resolution down for skype and freeze less often if at all once adjusted.

*Item paid for,review voluntary
on 6 February 2016
Just as in Tigran Aivazian's review, my C270 went blank after about one and a half years. Well not exactly blank. It showed an image that looked something like a bar code.

I can honestly say that not one of the cameras I have owned over the last 60 years has ever let me down. From my first Brownie Box camera to my RoadHawk Dash Cam, not one of them has given me cause to complain, not even my CCT cameras that have been outside in all weather for over 10 years.

Let me assure you that this is a genuine fault with the camera, not my computer. I have 2 desktop computers and a laptop and its the same on all of them.

I switched back to my old Logitech Quickcam that I brought way back in 2008 and everything is back to normal, apart from the fact that the Quickcam does not have as good a picture.
on 19 May 2017
First Logitech webcam failed after 14 months. While waiting for a replacement we bought a C270. That also failed after 14 months. Logitech no longer honor their guarantees, having retrospectively changed the terms to now require you have ONLY the latest Windows. If it worked on another OS and then stops working, Logitech now have no interest. Their equipment appears prone to fail and their "guarantee" worthless. Avoid.
on 21 September 2013
Great Product, This webcam has stunning 720p HD video quality and calling, also has very good picture quality for the low price you can't go wrong, very good webcam, You get NO DISC with this product but all you have to do is download the software FREE online, its easy and it won't take long, you do get a nice think Manuel though :)

You can move and adjust the cam to your needs, it fits on all 3 of my different monitors and my laptops, so you won't have any problems there, You have a load of different settings and I like the "follow my face" feature :)

Great all in all (5*****) Fast Delivery, Top Seller, Great Product......

MANY THANKS.....
on 10 May 2017
Was easy to set up, has great picture quality and is nice and durable. Made my money back pretty damn quick putting on cam shows for older men, just a pity you can't buy a sense of self worth so easily. Cam also fits easily on my monitor and stays secure which is a bonus, would definitely recommend to anyone.
on 18 January 2016
This cheap camera has turned out to be much better than I expected. I deliberately bought a cheap camera for my slightly off the wall application so that if it didn't work then I wouldn't feel that I had wasted a lot of money. I was really quite surprised at the clarity of picture and the supporting software does pretty much what I needed. The built in microphone was a bonus.
on 14 April 2014
I bought this for my parents' PC so we could Skype while away - and while the webcam indeed works, the quality is a little disappointing given the 720p moniker.

It is indeed 720p, but it's not a particularly good one. Images aren't particularly sharp, lighting isn't fantastic, and the lens isn't by any means 'wide-angle' - that is, it seems very zoomed in - and you would need to be sitting a fair way back from the computer to fit more than 1 person in. The sound is so-so, and the plastic build quality doesn't inspire confidence that it could take a knock, either.

More expensive options like the Logitech C920 cost a fair amount more, but the jump in quality is significant, and if you can afford to splash out a little, I would recommend looking at a higher price.

Nonetheless, it works as a webcam, without any need for a CD driver install (Windows 8.1), but it is very much a case of you get what you pay for.