on 21 March 2011
awesome
well written - easy to follow
structured and makes nice pretty websites (which gives some great ideas)

a little light in some sections and very proscriptive
but this means I finished it in a week of daily lessons

you really feel you're making progress with this

I recommend it without hesitation
on 4 April 2013
I use tutorial books and videos quite extensively. I came across a reference to this book when Googling to try and clarify something in a Lynda course. I could see from that small extract that David Powers has a gift for explaining things in a straightforward and easy to understand manner. Having now purchased the book and about half way through I have no hesitation in saying this is the best tutorial book I have ever bought.
David covers the subject in a way that will help one solve real life issues rather than just simplified ones found in the classroom.
Thank you David.
on 28 June 2012
I bought this one to upgrade my knowledge of DW, but found it very awkward, and the instructions have to be weeded out from the commentary. That way it is very hard to use the book in a meaningful way.
Also, a lot of the instructions do not produce the desired results, and I ended up spending a lot of time, with massive frustrations, to find out how things could be rectified.
So, save £5 or so, and buy instead Dreamweaver CS5.5 the missing manual: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1449397972/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 !!
on 9 October 2015
The Classroom in a Book series is excellent and by working through each chapter's exercises you'll get a thorough grounding in the app. Perhaps, like me, your new-found knowledge will lead you to the conclusion that DW isn't anywhere near as sophisticated or smooth as other Adobe apps such as illustrator or Photoshop but it's worth the price of the book to find out and, who knows, you might decide that I've got it wrong.
on 5 September 2011
It was a contest between this and the Missing Manual book. I bought this because the presentation of images looked better as they were in colour. Whilst the book is seemingly idiot proof I did get lost in a couple of lessons and really wondered after finishing some lesssons if I had actually learnt anything as opposed to following the given lessons robotically.

Hmmmm...in hindsight I wish I had bought the Missing Manual book.
on 24 February 2012
I have been programming etc for over 30 years and still have Adobe Go Live on my system ......so I have a head start. Even so I found some of it difficult to follow, but, any way, in my case it is doing its job.
Dreamweaver CS5 / Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 Classroom in a Book
on 6 November 2012
Brilliantly clear book full of practice exercises and supported by a CD with all the files and examples you could ever need when starting out in Dreamweaver.
Delivered promptly in perfect condition and in double quick time. What more could you ask for?
on 30 March 2015
Brilliant for content and perfect for the things I need to do.
However, when it arrived the back cover was torn and it was missing the accompanying DVD-ROM. Neither major issues but it would have been nice to know that it didn't have the disc beforehand.
on 31 January 2011
For someone who previously couldn't even think about CSS without getting a headache, this book has been amazing so far. I'm only 120 pages in, but already I have learnt a lot. Some bits I have had to go over again, and I imagine that when I come to make a website of my own I will be constantly referring to this book.
Personally I have a technically void brain, but even I can get my head around it. I will have to go read over it a couple of times to remember what to do but basically, Well done Adobe, a book from you worth buying!
on 28 November 2013
Very lucky to have spotted this bargain. Excellent book (though I've not finished working through it yet) at an unbelievable price compared to RRP. And delivered promptly too. Great service.