on 12 March 2012
I love Fly London and have some pairs of shoes and sandals. I was not sure about these boots because of the reviews but decided to buy them anyway because they were on sale. They arrived quickly and the leather is really good quality but they are really difficult to put on. After finally passing my feet the boots were slightly tight on my calves (I don't have slim calves but not that big either)and very bulky around my ankles which made my legs look very chubby. Walking on them was terrible because they slid off at the heels every step I took. All in all a big disappointment. I have a pair of Yaki boots and they are much, much better despite being short boots. Probably a flawed design. A shame...
on 18 November 2011
I was hoping to love these as I have another pair of Fly shoes which I adore and I really wanted a pair of black suede wedge boots so I had high hopes for these. I debated whether or not to get a size 3 which is a size down from my usual size 4 since I know from experience with Fly shoes that they run large. I decided on a 4 as they are boots and you can get away with boots being a slightly larger size. They are a gorgeous looking pair of casual boots, well made with beautiful materials but the size and styling when on let them down. They are enormous and even a thicker pair of socks will not allow me to get away with wearing them, they are just too large and slip around when on. The leather bags a lot around the ankle, there's much too much material around the ankles and it does not look flattering on the leg. I found that at the very top of the boot where the elastic bit is, it was totally fine on my left leg and snug on my right leg making it very uncomfortable. I have thin ankles and normal sized calves and these boots were a very poor fit on my leg and much too large on my actual foot. Such a shame these didn't work out as when first out of the box they look perfect! Sadly, I have to send these back.
on 1 March 2016
Great boots. Would be good for those with wider calves. I have about thirty pairs of Fly boots and shoes and absolutely love them. I advise you to look at the sizing reviews on Amazon as their sizes can be a bit variable. These ones come up large. Other pairs in the same size are bigger/smaller on me- depends on the style.
on 28 November 2010
I am a huge Fly London fan and I have owned several pairs of boots and shoes with this same sole. This is the most comfortable footwear I have ever worn. I was very excited to have found this tall and plain model. I had 2 pairs of the Yup boot a couple of years ago, which was very similar to this boot but with 2 velcro tabs on the side, one at the ankle and one on the calf. I was very disappointed to find that this model, without the velcro tabs, just didn't stay on my foot. The boot slides off at the heel with every footstep. I had to return the boots. I wish there was a boot like this with something to keep your foot in, like the velcro strap at the ankle!
on 30 December 2012
Im a size 3 and they are quite large for a 3 but a thick pair of socks soon sorts that out...absolutely love these boots they are very comfy and look fantastic on...all my friends have commented on how nice they are...brilliant price too, so glad I went ahead and got them..
on 13 February 2013
i am agreat fly fan and this boot did not disappoint., its alovely colour and a really comfortable fit no trouble putting on even though it has no zips etc.though the sole is chunky it still makes your feet look dainty, my friends think they look really sexy even when doing the normal weekly shop.i would recommend this boot to all my friends.
on 11 May 2013
I have a few pairs of Fly boots and shoes. These are gorgeous boots an I fell in love with them the second I took them out of the box! Very soft and comfortable and will look great with a skirt, leggings or skinny jeans. A bargain price too and I can't wait for winter as I will be wearing them most days
on 30 December 2012
I ordered these lovely purple Fly boots at a bargain price just before we were due to go to France for a short break. I was thrilled when they arrived in time for me to take them and wore them almost non stops as they were so comfortable.
on 23 November 2010
I got these boots in the taupe colour - they are extremely comfortable but disappointed with the look - the boots are baggy at the ankles and look too much like uggs!
on 27 January 2013
I find these boots stylish and comfortable, they pull on easily,I have average sized calves.they are a casual boot and do have a slouching appearance.Great quality. Heel height just right at about two inches.