on 29 November 2014
Brilliant piece of kit for its size and cost. My hearing is not too good so I use it to link my TV to bluetooth headphones. If you are viewing through a VCR I found the unit has to be connected to the VCR not the TV.

Only downside is that it seems necessary to re-pair it each time it is used but as this means holding your finger down a second or so longer on the on/off button to move it to pairing mode, it is no great problem.
on 26 October 2017
They work but cancel each other out if using more than one in the same proximity
on 27 March 2017
Does exactly what it is supposed to do - great value
on 2 March 2015
Spot on..very easy to use on my LG TV..connects every time..signal is great and sound quality is excellent through my Samsung bluetooth headset...highly recommend.
on 20 April 2015
Very happy. Paired easily out of the box. Battery life is really good. Super Cheap. Can't complain.
on 6 May 2015
After seeing all the good reviews I was quite looking forward to using this and the sound not bad but not great.
I had got this so I could watch the TV when I got in from my night work but the sound delay of a second from screen to the headphones is bad so i was very disappointed.
on 24 October 2014
After initially charging the transmitter it seamlessly paired with my bluetooth headset http://www.amazon.co.uk/TaoTronics%C2%AE-TT-BH03-Headphones-Microphone-Supporting-Black/dp/B00B3QAFBY

So far I have used it with my TV more so late at night when volume is a concern. I have also used it for my stereo enabling me to listen to music & eliminating the need for wires, I have not had a problem with the signal which seems to be excellent whichever part of the house I am in

This is a great way of transmitting a bluetooth signal to a set of bluetooth headphones or speakers from any suitable device & the build quality of the transmitter seems to be very good.
on 26 September 2011
The device arrived a few days ago. I recharged the device as instructed and then paired it with a sony ericsson bluetooth stereo headset. I connected the adapter to the TV and watched/ listented to the TV whilst doing other chores. There is sufficient range to go to a different floor on the completely other end of the house. The battery life is great. It does exactly what it says on the box.
11 Comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 April 2012
I must say I wasn't expecting much considering how cheap it was. However, what a great buy. It did exactly what it said would do, pairing was easy and quick and I am very pleased that I bought it. Hope it last!!!!!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 August 2014
What I wanted to do: transmit sound from an LG TV to a good quality Bluetooth speaker.

The problem: The only "Audio Out" of the TV was an Optical Digital Audio connection. This Taotronics transmitter has a 3.5m connector and comes with an adaptor for an RCA connector, but not the digital audio.

The solution: I ordered a Digital Optical Coax to Analog R/L Audio Converter and a Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable. I plugged the Toslink cable into Optical Digital Audio port on the TV. I connected the other end to the converter. I plugged the RCA to 3.5m adapter into this TaoTronics transmitter and then plugged the RCA (red & white) into the Digital Opticl Coax to Analog converter. I plugged the converter and this transmitter into a power source. (A power strip). Then I just held down the button on this transmitter thing til it flashed blue and red. I held down the Bluetooth button on the Creative speaker (bringing them within 3 feet of each other until paired. Voila! They paired!

Still one thing left to do. I went into the audio settings on the TV and changed the audio from Automatic to PCM. Then I turned on the AV Sync and set the TV speakers to 5 and the Bluetooth speaker to -5. This keeps the sound and video from the TV speakers and the Bluetooth speakers pretty close to the video. Like any Bluetooth device, there is always a tiny lag but with these settings it's almost unnoticeable on our set.

Why the neck did I wantto do this to begin with?: We have a large familyroom/kitchen that are connected. With tile floors and lots of windows and open doorways our acoustics are terrible. When watching movies we use the surround sound system but for watching TV we don't always feel like turning the whole system on. We also like to watch shows on Amazon Instant Video using the Amazon Fire TV without the whole surround sound thing. But it can be difficult to hear with just the TV speakers which are actually located in the back of the TV. The Creative Labs Bluetooth speaker sounds fantastic and since it is battery operated it can sit right in front of us on the coffee table. Much easier to hear, even with the terrible acoustics.

This would work exactly the same way with a pair of Bluetooth headphones if I wanted to pair them with our TV.

Of course this Taotronics Transmitter also works very well for simple applications. My 1st Gen Kindle Fire doesn't have Bluetooth. It does now! Just plugged the 3.5m plug into the Kindle and paired it with a Bluetooth speaker or headphones. Nothing else needed. Any device that transmits sound and has a 3.5m or RCA plug can be made into a Bluetooth transmitter (and even a few that don't as shown in my TV example, with a few adaptations). This is a great little device.

Keep in mind that this transmitter will make a device into a Bluetooth transmitter (like a tablet, old iPod or phone). It isn't for making a device like a speaker into a Bluetooth device. For that you would need a Bluetooth Receiver adapter.

I was provided with a sample of this product by Taotronics.