on 3 April 2012
These socks are perfectly adequate and wash well. The photograph makes them look darker and the stripes are more garish in reality. For the price they are excellent but my only gripe is that they have a relatively low cotton content, which the description does not make clear. Minor shrinkage after one wash. They are very similar in quality to those purchased at a newsworthy cut price high street retailer.
on 3 August 2013
The socks are great value for money and aren't thin-feeling socks. They were posted promptly.

But they lose 2 stars for their look. The stripes on the ones that arrived are all regularly spaced which somehow makes the brighter colours look too much, too out of place while, at the same time, giving an overall look of cheap goods which they are at the price. 6 Pk Mens Pierre Calvini Luxury Stripe Cotton Rich SockThey are nowhere near as nice looking as the ones in the image.

Reading some of the reviews, it seems several people have commented on the difference in pattern to the advertised item. Shouldn't an item's description, which certainly includes the image, reflect the goods on sale, rather than that of an obviously different, far better looking, item?

While they're good value, they're not going to get much wear I fear. Likely to be worn only when other better looking socks (for instance, socks like those in the image) are either lost, or all in the wash. I won't be buying these again.
on 26 July 2011
great quality for the money, feel lovely on and great if you like a hint of colour. they wash good also. i returned for another pack which is the best recommendation possible. work out at well under £1.50 a pair delivered, BARGAIN!
on 9 January 2014
I was disappointed to find that these socks in no way resembled the ones shown in the picture, other than the fact that they have stripes of some description. They show no sign of being 'Pierre Calvini' socks ( not that I bought them for being designer in any way but it is another point of irritation)and the colours shown are not an accurate description- half of the pairs are black and grey which is incredibly disappointing as I ordered what I thought were a varied range of coloured socks for a reason, and the other set resemble something out of the beano in a garish red and black combination. Fervently unimpressed and I would not buy again.
on 13 June 2012
I wouldn't recommend these. On the plus side they arrived quickly. They are also certainly stripey as advertised! On the negative side I find the elastic much too tight in the socks so they really aren't very comfortable (no I don't have fat ankles). Also, with one pair, one of the socks seems to be a size larger than its counterpart. I give them two stars as they are cheap and got here on time, but the socks I received aren't good in my opinion.
on 16 December 2013
The socks are not the same as the advertised picture. They arrived in 2 packs of 3 and the colourways are different. The quality of the material is poor as it feels very thin. i am very disappointed as they were purchased as a present for my husband and i don't have time to send them back before Christmas. Surely you have to send items that are portrayed in the picture?
on 14 December 2013
This is the first time ever I have been disappointed with Amazon. The socks were bought as a Christmas gift and they arrived with NO labels and there was nothing designer about them, though when I searched "designer mens socks" they were top of the list. The socks are made very poorly and I would say, not even worth a couple of quid!I always read the reviews before buying so I can not understand why the reviews of these socks are good because they are poor! Being Christmas I havent got time to send back as they have not included an invoice/delivery note/ returns address in the packaging. It was literally a plastic bag fully of loose socks.
on 7 January 2012
Beautiful gents socks. Lovely colours. Quite thin, perfect for dresswear. Socks arrived on time and well packed.
Very pleased with my purchase. Great value.
on 2 January 2015
These socks look like good quality when bought. After gifting them to 2 of my sons they tell me that they are very tight to get on over the bottom of the heel and into the ankle. My sons do not have thick ankles and are both in their twenties without any problems. These socks would probably be a problem for the older, less agile wearer. The result is that the socks cannot be pulled up to the correct length on the leg, but are wearable (just).
on 18 January 2014
Update - 9/2/2014 - I must admit I have upped my score - I was disappointed with the colours when the socks arrived but over the last month I have found myself wearing them most days - you get used to the feel, sometimes more muted colours are better and none of the other have developed a hole

Original Review

I started buying Peter Jones socks and am now addicted to colourful sock so thought I would try a cheaper brand. When the socks arrived I was immediately disappointed as the colours were nowhere near as bright as the illustration. What appears as a bright red colour in the picture is more a muted reddy brown. They are quite comfortable but one of them developed a hole in the heel on the second wearing.

I gave them 2 stars because they are very cheap but I will not be buying them again. The Peter Jones socks are £6-£12 a pair so not cheap, but the colours are more vibrant and last in the wash, they are more comfortable and durable. II have been wearing them for month with no holes.

These socks are a false economy.

See one answered question