on 20 December 2016
What a fantastic story. Although I felt it was a little slow at the beginning and I nearly put it down it soon had me drawn in and the tension building and quickly became the page turner and can't put down book. This is my first book by this author but I am now looking forward to reading another. Linda manages to build characters so they become real and her description of places and surroundings is excellent. I could almost feel the snow falling.
on 17 October 2014
If you like suspense thrillers this is definitely a 'must era's. Don't be put off by thinking it is another police whodunit because it isn't. Although Kate is cHief of Police I wouldn't tag this book as police procedure it is more psychological thriller with enough focus on the Amish community to make it significantly more interesting. Very much suspense twists and turns all the way through keeping the reader guessing until the nail biting final few chapters. I will definitely be reading the next in the series.
on 24 January 2015
Having seen the film with Neve Campbell in I was thrilled to get the book. It did not disappoint. Very shocking and brilliantly written I was sad to finish it. The lead Kate was a great character. The whole Amish /English storyline was interesting. Very good book.
on 3 April 2014
This is such a great read, very suspenseful and a little on the gory side, so you need a strong stomach. The characters are written well bring a lot individual voices. Its interesting to learn about the Amish community to a degree and look forward to reading more from this author.
on 19 March 2014
A book I didn't want to put down! A good author & one I would return to & have already recommended this book title to a friend. I had my suspicions as to "who done it" but that was before the murderer was introduced to the equation. Suspense to the end! Enjoy
on 21 March 2016
Very easy to read, good strong story line without resulting to superhero powers, extreme hacking techniques or other unbelievable clichés.. Not quite read in one sitting but easily could have been!
on 28 September 2015
This book is an excellent book, the tension starts to build from the very first page and lasts the whole way through.
on 5 November 2014
Interesting
on 28 June 2017
could not put the book down thank you
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 July 2016
I was lucky enough to get Sworn to Silence, the first book in the series cheap as an Ebook after being rejected on NetGalley for Among the Wicked the latest book in the series. So, all and all it was probably for the best since I did enjoy starting this series from the beginning instead of the latest book.

Police chief Kate Burkholder, ex-Amish, has to stop a vicious killer in this book that may be a copycat or a killer that murdered several women 16 years ago. However, she has personal reasons for believing that it has to be another killer. It doesn't get easier for her when her role as police chief is getting questioned as more people are killed while she is trying to figure out who the killer is. Some local people just don't think she is trying hard enough...

I found the book to be very good, and very different from other crime novels. I like that Kate Burkholder has a history with the Amish community and I liked that she is a complex character with a dark past. Also, this case really brought back bad memories for her. The case also brought agent John Tomasetti into her life as he who was hellbent on wrecking his life and career seems to have finally found someone that can get his life back on track. I quite like the chemistry between them.

The case was interesting, is it the same killer or a copycat? What is really going one and what happened to Kate all those years ago? I did, however, figure out the killer when Tomasetti listed the killer profile, it was actually quite easy to do so I thought and then I just kept on reading to see if I was right, and I was. But, it did not take away the enjoyment of reading the book. I still found the book pretty good, despite not being surprised over the killers identity.

It was a good first book and I'm looking forward to reading more books in the series!