on 5 January 2013
I really love these cables from 'Pure', the cable is sheilded and is just the right thickness therefore great for headphone extension cables that I'm using them for, and is a fully flexible yet tough and hard wearing cable.
The connector jack plugs are solidly built and moulded so it is very unliky that they would come apart which seems to be the most common reason for cable failures, the jacks have nice quality aluminium casings which are not too big and so reduces any chance of fitting issues which I had with the Fisual branded cables.
They are also a bargain for the price.
I thought I'd pay a bit extra to get a shielded cable. Not that I'd ever had any problems with interference before, mind you, but I had a very specific use for it in mind, where it would have to pass by some possible sources of electromagnetic interference, and so I thought the task might require a bit of shielding.

How surprised I was when this is the only audio cable I've ever used that actually managed to pick up significant and annoying interference.

Edit May 2015: It has been roughly a year since my original review, and though it didn't work as intended where intended when I originally bought it, I have used it in different configurations later, and it has been fine. In the original setup, I compared with other cables, and found this one to be the only one causing problems, and later, it has behaved very much like any other cable.

As I cannot say 100% for sure whether it's this particular cable's shielding that was the problem, whether there were earthing issues that only this cable picked up (usually that manifests itself in slightly different ways, however), or any other events taking place causing unique conditions, up to and including acts of God, I've increased my rating a bit. If anything, it doesn't seem to do a better job than a much cheaper cable that isn't meant to be shielded.

It is, however, definitely more robustly built than most audio cables I have used, and feels more durable, and so I guess it will serve its purpose well as a solid audio cable that may or may not work better against electromagnetic interference than others. As I really can't be bothered making a scientific test of this, perhaps I'll never know for sure.
on 24 July 2014
Does what it should and seems robust. I wanted it to replace the lead for my Klipsch headphones which were wrecked by a relatively light accident. There are solidly made and work well. However, the body of the plug is quite wide and it is a very tight fit in the headhones. Unless the socket has a flush surround, this cable may not fit too well. If it has a flush surround, I can recommend this cable unreservedly.
on 4 May 2016
Quality and 'feel' is great. Long length has been ideal for connecting Zoom H5 field recorder to my DSLR audio in, so I won't have to sync audio to video again. Just north of £3, it saves me 2-3 minutes on every video (and that's with easy sync software). I have saved several hours already, so this is a bargain!
on 10 April 2013
I have been using the "Pure HQ OFC Shielded" range of cables for almost a year now, everywhere, in the car, at home with the pc and hifi, never let me down, great sound reproduction, and feel solid too.

only downside is: the ends are very chunky, if two sockets are close together, although this is normally just about ok.
on 29 May 2015
This for me is the perfect cable. I wanted the cable to connect my Hi-Fi Stereo to my computer (as line out), and this cable has enabled me to do this. Therefore I am utterly thrilled by its excellent tone and I thoroughly recommend this cable as being a very useful high qualitly cable. This is a cable you can buy with confidence. So if you need to connect a periphereal device to your computer look no further.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 February 2014
I got this for my electro-acoustic guitar, to connect the guitar to my speakers - it works, I'm not sure how much gold plating you get there but the cable is actually quite strong, semi-rugged so it should hold well even if you step on it from time to time.
One thing I noticed is that the connectors are actually very close fit so it takes a bit of force to take them out especially. The connectors are bulky and have a lot of weight to them, inspiring confidence but it unfortunately makes a bit of a background noise in the speakers if the plugs spin a bit in the guitar connector. I'm not sure if a cable problem or a guitar problem yet.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Kind Regards
on 15 December 2013
I have not used this lead yet, but it appears to be of sound construction, and made of good quality material.
The lead is light and flexible.
The connector plugs are aluminium body with Gold plated contacts, and outside Dia. of the black cable is 3.9mm.
I don`t think it right to give recommendations before having used it, so I may update later.
on 1 November 2013
I seem to be good at making stereo jacks pack in, e.g. start making horrible scratching sound when I touch them or even go near them. This one hasn't done that yet and I've used it quite a bit, so I'm impressed so far! Feels high quality, and a cracking price.
on 5 May 2015
Plugs into my selection of MP3 players and I.Pod to connect to my stereo, which due to the length of the lead I can control from the comfort of my chair (music selection and volume). They are obviously not being charged when connected via this lead.