Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 24 November 2011
What a contrived and utter load of tosh this book is. The actual dialogue is unbelievable and talk about rambling. I had high hopes of this book with all the hype but how I managed to finish it is beyond me. I didn't like any of the characters except for the Polish girl. Won't bother with this author again.
on 8 November 2010
I really enjoyed this novel about a woman's mission to find out the truth behind the murder of her sister. The clever twist at the end will really surprise you. As well as that, you actually learn one or two things, which is a nice bonus It's a very promising debut from Rosamund Lupton, and I look forward to reading more of her work.
on 29 September 2015
Interesting construction and enjoyable murder mystery
VINE VOICEon 9 July 2011
I was really looking forward to this after reading various reviews, and was really surprised to find that I couldn't care less about the characters. I gave it a good go and made it to the half way point, but had to give myself a nudge at that point, as I was just reading the words, nothing was making me care what happened.
on 11 April 2011
I definately wouldn't say this book was a thriller and I wouldn't even describe it as a detective novel. The characters were ok, likeable, but I felt the plot dragged on way to much. For me this book could have been about 100 pages shorter, I just felt the narrative went on a bit, and it had a rather predictable ending.
on 10 August 2015
This was amazing, highly recommended. Very gripping.
on 23 December 2010
I was disappointed to say the least with this novel, I found it dull and just generally boring. Really don't understand how so many people gave it such a good review.
on 8 July 2011
I had spent some time reading pretty mediocre books and was bored. I had heard of this through interviews with the author etc. so decided to give it a go. I could not put it down! It was a fantastic read and I'm so glad that I bought it. I will definitely read another of Ms Lupton's if she writes more.
on 25 October 2012
This novel started with so much promise I was very excited at the prospect of the story unfolding. However as other reviewers have said the end section was a huge disappointment to me. It could have been a great book but it left me feeling cheated and would put me off buying another title by this author.
on 29 September 2013
Read this in just 2 sittings , not because it was addictive, but because I wanted to see if it would get better. Disappointed by the crass character of Bea and disliked her intensely. Felt the other characters were superficial and unrealistic. Sorry to say I wouldn't recommend other people read it.