on 2 May 2016
Brilliant storytelling, superbly directed and acted. Set against the harsh backdrop of rundown council estates that evokes the mid eighties era of Thatcher`s Britain. This doesn`t always make for comfortable viewing especially the rape scene at the end of episode three but I do believe these subjects should be confronted instead of burying our heads in the sand. There is some great humour to relieve the starkness though, I loved the wheelchair race in the hospital and the on off relationship between Gadget and the older Trudy. Highly entertaining stuff, well done to all concerned. Can`t wait for This Is England 88.
on 30 June 2013
I watched this when it was on the television and loved it. My daughter only saw the last few episodes so bought this for her. I remember very well what 1986 was like and this film depicts life at its very raw. My daughter has watched it with her friends who are huge fans of the film. So I think it would appeal to all adult ages, although does show some sex and violence scenes. One of the best films I have watched for a while.
VINE VOICEon 12 February 2012
This must be one of the best British TV series of the last twenty years. It was a bit kitchen sinky in as much as it wasn't always an easy watch, too near the unpleasant truth of how things were at the time rather than the often rosy specs view of nostalgia TV. I thought all the acting was of a very high standard, but Woody and Lol stand out for me as showing exceptional talents. Hurrah for Shane Meadows.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2014
We were desperate to see this after the film which we enjoyed so much.
Although this is considerably darker in many ways, exploring issues of abuse and rape, it still has some elements of fun and reflects events happening in the 80's.
Most of the gang come back together in this series and make it almost as good as the original film.
on 3 July 2017
Great tv series that follows on from the film. Great actors in it including Vicky McClure ( Line Of Duty )
on 22 July 2017
funny
on 11 November 2016
Thank you fast delivery and such a good price
on 29 July 2014
Cool, great sequel, even though quite a lot more disturbing than the first one in some parts. Is possibly underrated and should be seen by a large audience
on 30 May 2016
Shane Meadows classic
on 1 March 2014
good as the first one, great follow up-compelling,sometimes harrowing viewing. what it was like to be a skin head in the 1980 s