TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 August 2013
I have been using a set of these for about 4 years now - I notice that they are now discontinued by Logitech, so I have just ordered one more set while they are still available.

I do not use them for listening to music - I don't know if they are particularly suited or not, but for music I already use Bose noise-cancelling headphones. I would not expect standard headphone sets to compete with those.

I use this Logitech headset for skype and similar chat. I travel a lot with my work, and visit many countries. I carry a set of these in a soft leather pouch (that is left from an old set of Sony headphones), in my computer bag. I use Skype for international calls back to UK phones, and this headset has proved ideal.
I agree with some other reviewers in that for me the volume control and microphone mute is redundant and unnecessary.

My laptop has microphone and headphone sockets at the front, so I particularly want a headset that did not use a USB connection - my USB ports are usually in use for my mouse and external hard drives.

According to the people that I all and speak to, the sound from the microphone is excellent and clear.

Mine has led quite a rough life, but I have no problem with cables or intermittent operation. The only wear and tear I see is that the foam ear-protectors are starting to split, and I cannot yet find suitable sized replacements

I am very happy with the useability and longevity of these .
on 22 November 2015
This headset is a definite winner when it comes to using Skype or other VoIP applications. I have been using this or related models for over 8 years now, and really hope Logitech come up with a like-function and operating model to replace it. Why is this such a perfect product? Well, I have a hard case that came with a previous version of this product, that this fits into and so when travelling, there is zero risk of damage to the headset (something that other designs suffer from).

PLEASE Logitech, re-introduce this headset, or make another that is the same size and folds the same way ! Glad I got one of the last ones as my spare for when my current one finally fails (as all technology seems to do).
on 18 February 2011
I've tried four or five headsets recently and found this one to be, by far, the most comfortable--better than a much more expensive Senheiser for example. the over the ear pieces are well designed not to put pressure on sensitive parts and the mike seems to pick up only my voice and not other noise nearby, such as the keyboard.

My only problem reservation is that it can only be used on centrally connected USB ports. The consequence is having a wire where I don't want it and having to go to the Control Panel when I want to use my speakers rather than the headphone. This is not as difficult or frustrating as it sounds once you get used to it. Just something I have to do.
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2011
I needed some headphones for work that were light-weight, decent sound and suitable for a laptop (to allow use of IP-telephony software or soft-phone as it is also called). These suit me down to the ground and they are tucked into a corner of my bag and worked first time.
on 3 October 2013
This headphone is great as it can be folded and store in my bag when travelling to work. However, the sound quality is not so good and this make phone call difficult at times
on 25 October 2010
Audio quality = excellent ; possibility of getting broken = very high

I travel a lot and wanted a set of headphones that I could use for Skype and dictation. My colleague has a pair and loves them so I bought a pair but BEWARE his came in a solid hard shell plastic carrying box whereas they now come in a soft travel envelope. These headphones are exceptionally fragile so if you put them in the provided soft travel envelope and into a suitcase / briefcase I would almost guarantee that they will be broken when you take them out. I now carry mine in an old hard shell CDROM travel box.

If you plan to only use these in a fixed location such as office or home, I wouldn't buy them as the joints will given in quickly. These are meant for people who travel and need them to fold flat.

On the upside the audio quality is excellent and they are very comfortable to wear. For that reason I gave them such a high rating.

Before you buy them, find an old hard shell CDROM travel box (or similar) to carry them in, that way they wont get damaged.

UPDATE ; I have been using these for 5 months now. The sound quality is excellent but you MUST have a hard case to carry them in. They are incredibly fragile but the audio quality is great.

UPDADTE 2 ; still using these as my traveling headset, still great sound quality but I still put them in the hard case. I am still of the opinion that they are very fragile.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 January 2015
I've had my headset for around 7 years and used it comfortably for many lengthy Skype conference calls (some being up to 5 hours). Mine came in a hard case which has protected it well and I've recently bought a 3.5mm splitter to connect it my phone which works well (the provided adapter was USB). The provided oval foam pads disintegrated eventually, but I can't complain as they lasted around 5 years and I replaced them with round ones for a couple of quid and they fit just fine.
on 15 July 2013
I was initially happy with this headset. It was comfortable to wear and produced good sound quality. However, after only a few weeks the swivel joint for the microphone has become loose so that the microphone arm drops down instead of being able to be positioned as required. Disappointing!
on 6 July 2011
These headphones are very good. I use them quite a lot, they are high quality. I bought two of these headphones because I found them very useful, and I gave one of them to my colleague. He also says that it works very well. Both the audio part and microphone are reliable. It's comfortable to wear, USB connection works good. I highly recommend it.
on 27 November 2013
There's nothing wrong with this headset, it does its job well, so no complaints. It cushions nicely and the sound in and out is fine.