on 30 April 2017
Goods as described, did the job. Quick delivery
on 11 January 2013
It is quite new, 1 month. I bit too expensive.
Is banstante long the daylight is very good.
Good quality
on 11 March 2013
Pro-Lite Plus bulb 25W smelled odd, flickered and went out, the nasty burnt-plasticy type smell lingering long. I was afraid the problem was my ceiling pendant light fixture and scared to climb up and remove the bulb, so called out electrician. The fixture was okay but the Pro-Lite bulb all burnt around the place where the glass tube enters the base. Electrician said I should report it, seems hazardous, he'd never seen anything like it. I cannot find the manufacturing source for Pro-Lite. Even before this I did not like the bulb, as it was slow to reach full light-power. Also it is physically heavier than other types, so I couldn't use it in a couple of lamps. Be warned.
on 11 November 2013
This was a great bulb to start with, fairly quick to get going and a good light once running.

Recently it did not turn on and very quickly there was a bad burning smell. The base of the bulb had become very hot and is now scorched. I estimate that it had been used for about a year, switched on for somewhere between 700 and 1,000 hours. Nowhere near the 10,000 hours estimated.

I contacted the manufacturer and they said they had not seen this problem before and it was out of the 12 month warranty so nothing they could do. I replied with a link to these reviews and did not get a response.
on 17 January 2014
I bought two of these last February. The first impression was brilliant. Good strong white light. However both suffer from flicker and buzzing. I returned one previously as faulty since it buzzec and flickered from the offset. These two initially were good but in recent weeks flicker until this morning one doesnt work at all. I now need to replace three energy saving bulbs in under one year.
on 24 January 2012
Just had the second of two Prolite bulbs burn out on me in two weeks. Filthy smell, cracking and popping. Will definitely not be buying that brand again. Complete waste of money and dangerous to boot.
on 4 January 2013
Good bright light but slow start and warm up - initial brightness is gloomy but they're fine after a few minutes. Not sure why this is as other low energy bulbs I use have instant start.
on 24 April 2013
The white plastic section on the bulb is too large (20cm circumference) for some lights which require a more tapered bulb (like a traditional bulb) The bulb is also very long at 14cm from the end of the screw section to the end of the bulb.

Suitable only for larger Light fittings
on 9 January 2012
Nice, very bright, white light but the size of the bulb (stated on box as 62mm by 160mm) means you cannot put it in a smaller light fitting. Bear in mind that, unlike an incandescent bulb which tapers towards the base, this bulb is effectively cylindrical.

The bulb makes no apparent noise and starts almost immediately. The box promises 60% output in less than 10 secs, which looks about right.

Try not to use it where it will be visible. The bulb is a bit bright to look at and will stick out of most lamps.

Hopefully, I'll be back for another pair in 10,000 hours time! :)
on 1 May 2013
Its a pity that you have to give a minimum of one star. I wish I had read the reviews (I usually do) before I bought this piece of rubbish. The white plastic section on the bulb is too large to the screw section at the end of the bulb.

Suitable only for larger Light fittings