on 3 February 2011
This is the first baby monitor I ever use and I can tell that
it is very handy and reliable over the last one month I own it.

Ultra light and high quality look for both the parent and baby units.
I even use the baby unit with rechargeable batteries (I have two
sets of 4 rechargeable AA) as I like to get rid of extra cables in the
baby room and I can move the device around more easily.
The parent unit lets me know when the batteries in the baby unit
are out through the audible alarm when it loses connection.
Normally the rechargeable batteries last about 24 hours of continuous
operation which is fine since I mainly use it for nighttime and so I just
need to replace and recharge them once every 4 days.

The temperature sensor and alarms are useful enough, however the lullaby
melodies and the TALK function is of very limited use (I guess most
of us have other better devices for lullabies and I personally do not like talking
to my 3 month old baby over a microphone!), however the sound quality is really good.

The only problem for this baby monitor set is the low sound volume
at the parent unit. Even at the higher level it is rather low and
I believe it can be of real use only in a relatively quiet room (i.e. at night).
Of course you always have the blue led indicators but you need to have the
front of the parent unit always in sight for them to be of any value.
This is a pity as it seems that Philips can easily improve this.
The sensitivity adjustment at the receiver works fine so you can get rid of
background noise so the parent unit could have just been more powerful
in terms of sound volume. That is why I give it the four stars instead of five.

Overall, I believe this baby monitor is of high quality and I recommend it if you
want to monitor your baby from a distant room that is relatively quiet.

For me, It works flawlessly for nighttime monitoring as our baby's bedroom is
in the opposite corner of our house.
on 12 April 2011
A well made quality product however the fact that you can carry around the unit is good with the exception of its size! It's got a nice finish and has good sound transmission that only picks up when shall we say "Wanted" sound is required.

The Temperature sensor also works very well and I tested this against a real thermometer with equal values at various times. As far as price, quality, ease of use and sound goes this is a fantastic unit.
on 30 October 2010
sleek and lightweight. looks sturdy, easily transportable and battery seems to last a long time without the need to be constantly on the charging dock. Sound is clear and there is next to no interference. Very impressed!

Almost 2 years on this is still going strong, it's been dropped and dribbled on over time and hasn't failed. The battery is still going strong but we don't constantly keep it on the dock so the battery gets fully used up then recharged which is the best thing to do with rechargeable batteries.

A seriously good bit of kit!
on 4 November 2010
It's a digital baby monitor that gives you exactly what the specifications say. The sound is clear, it doesn't transmit when there is no sound (less radiation, battery economy), it is portable (both units can be operated with batteries) and parent unit is small. The light isn't quite as strong as I would like but the music is perfect. I love the sound indicator (blue lights).
on 29 March 2013
I have been using this monitor for 10 months now and felt it was worth adding a positive review as it has been very reliable for us. We have never had any problems with the monitor, the connection, charging or volume. I can hear my baby's murmurings and early signs of waking from a nap. The blue lights get my attention when I am not looking directly at the monitor or if I am in a louder room, so if i don't hear the early noises I will see the lights instead - this has been a very important feature for us. The cord to carry the monitor around my neck has been invaluable! I didn't even realise I would need this feature before I had the baby, but I use it all the time and it's really helpful for getting jobs done, moving from room to room when baby is napping, without having to think about bringing the monitor with me. Even for example at family parties when there have been lots of people around during nap times, I have worn it around my neck and I can relax knowing I'll hear and be able to respond immediately if baby needs me. It has been easy enough to carry with me when going to stay with people, and just plugs in and is ready to go as soon as we arrive. All very handy. I would recommend.

p.s. The temperature gauge seems to match what my gro-egg thermometer says, and while I haven't used the lullaby feature I'm told by a friend that it is very useful as well.
on 5 February 2011
This was 40% off when I bought it, so it was good value, a bit overpriced otherwise. The mic is sensitive when turned up to full sensitivity but that also gives a bit of background hiss/noise, so you really need to have it quite close to the babys cot and the sensitivity turned down to minimise that. The lead is fairly long so thats not really a problem. Good all round product whe on sale otherwise you're paying for the brand and a few very short lullabys.
Monitors have certainly moved on in the last five years and we only changed because our old one gave up the ghost.

Compared to my 5 year old BT monitor this is quite a dinky little device.
The parent unit feels so small conpared to our old one and I was concerned that it did not feel as robust.
Still the last one was built like a battleship and had it's fair share of accidents. A bit of tape held the battery compartment on.

Whether this will stand up to knocks and drops time will tell.

It has more funtions that we really need but the discounted price added value to the product.

Pro's

The temperature sensor works really well.
The sound is crystal clear.
Handy size.
More functions than are really necessary.
Lullabys have a clear quality about them. (my daughter would probably dance the night away in her cot if we used this function!)
Battery life.
Baby unit can be fitted with batteries.
Value.

Con's

Night light a bit pathetic (we have a standalone anyway).
Talk button on the side sensitive and is easy to accidentally switch on when picking the unit up.
Questions of robustness of the parent unit.
Baby unit is not rechargable and needs batteries.

All in all I rate this unit very highly but do we really need more functions than a calc?
One point I will raise is that at full price I would not consider it good value. It works straight out of the box but comes with a book of instructions!
A cheaper version would do the same job but without the bells and whistles. It really depends on your needs.
on 27 September 2011
Bought this monitor when we decided to put our son in his room. Easy to use, to set up, the melodies are nice, the night light is pleasant. The best in it is that you do not even need batteries; the baby unit need none if you can just plug in, and the parent unit can be all the time in its charger. I would definitely recommend it.
on 4 May 2011
We are happy, no interferences affected the equipment and signal strenght is fine. The batery/AC option for both parts is extermely useful/confortable. We are a bit anoyed by the fact that the air temperature in the rooms is always at 25 C, and seems not to always reflect the changes too quickly.
on 30 January 2011
It works....it's perfect: has both directional comunication, the batteries will last for at least the whole day and has many funciotns like remote activation of light and light. I would suggest this product for all the mothers and fathers