TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 9 January 2009
If like me you are looking for information that may help you at altitude when climbing then this little book may just be for you. It's dry, and there's no getting away from that, however it has a good and apparently unbiased approach to dealing with altitude sickness. It covers all of the commonly available drugs with the pluses and minus' of them. Symptoms are well written about and nicely the book does tell it how it is. No dramitics about getting off the mountain and indeed it is geared to helping you get to the top safely. As a novice high altitude climber I found the information extremely useful and possibly one of the best aspects of the book is that is is small enough to genuinely put in your back pocket as a referece which means you can take it with you easily.
on 5 January 2015
Bought as a gift pre-mountain trek but I've read it also. Pocket sized, easy to writing style makes this a very east and interesting read. The author doesn't pull any punches but it seems informed and full of great advice.
on 30 March 2013
This has proven to be a very useful book. Ihave gleaned a lot of very useful knowledge and tips from it and they will prove of great worth to me on my proposed trip to the Atlas Mountains of Morocco in September. The section on Acute Mountain Sickness was particularly good. The only grumble I have is that the print size is a wee bit on the small size.
on 7 February 2013
Good guide line if you are climbing to altitude.
Doesnt hide the fact that altitude spells danger if its not respected.
on 24 November 2014
Unfortunately I read this book after booking my climb and pre climb accommodation. It was interesting and we'll written, I wish I'd read it before planning the climb itself!
on 17 November 2015
I am hoping this will help my daughter prepare for her climb of Kilimanjaro.
Arrived promptly and full of good tips
on 21 August 2010
I was the doctor on a trek to Kilimanjaro. This book was an excellent reminder of the physilogy and treatment for altitude related illness.

Small and concise, big thumbs up.
on 7 May 2016
Must buy!! Very informative, read already a must have if trekking Kilimanjaro !! Great service..
on 24 July 2014
Really good book. Followed the recommendations when climbing Kilimanjaro and had no issues at all
on 18 May 2016
Very good resource for a medic travelling to altitude.