on 21 June 2015
I have 4 of these and 3 other aftermarket LP-E6's which I use with a 5d MarkIII.

I buy them because they are cheap and keep the camera firing. However, I would swap all 7 for 2 official Canon LP-E6's.

When they last, they last absolutely fine. Their capacity is definitely less than the Canon LP-E6 but they offer sufficient power for their value. The problem lies in the fact that they don't always last to full discharge. Sometimes they cut off with the camera reading 30% remaining, sometimes with 50% and sometimes even as much as 70% and then the camera just dies. This isn't really that bad for the camera or anything, but it can be frustrating and sometimes spoil work. In photography situations it isn't the worst thing, as you may lose a couple of shots but it takes seconds to swap the battery. In film, it's far more of an issue, especially if you're shooting a lot of material. Battery unexpectedly dying during a take is immensely frustrating! (My solution, by the way, is to always use an A/C adapter when filming important stuff, or where this is impossible, using a fresh battery before a take and changing around 50%).

So yes. It's not amazing, but it's a quick and cheap battery that works
on 15 October 2015
This battery has been my back up for my Canon brand one almost as long as I have had my camera. I have not noticed much difference between the two batteries and am glad to say it works on a Canon 6D (unlike some other non-Canon brand ones which claim to be LP-E6 but are not up to date enough to be recognised by the 6D.

I would give this battery 5 stars as it worked for such a long time without letting me down in a range of conditions but very recently I fumbled it while taking it out of my camera and even though it only fell a relatively short distance, the fall cracked the casing. This made me a little wary of using it even though there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it.

I bought an Ansmann to replace it but in all honest would recommend buying one of these again because of the price and general reliability.
on 6 January 2015
At first thought I'd got myself a bargain, everything working great on my 6D but after two cycles the battery refused to charge.

I got in touch with the seller: PowerPlanet UK (New Wave Technology Ltd), who initially offered advice on how I might spark it back to life but no success. They then asked me to post it back at my expense, est. £3. If a fault was found they'd cover the cost of posting back a replacement. If no fault was found they'd charge £3 to send it back.

Thing is, there was clearly a fault. At best I'd have a new replacement but would have had to pay £3 to get it.

I decided to write the battery off as a bad experience.

It's taken some time to get round to writing this review. Purchase date was April 2013, battery failed summer 2013, contacted seller Feb 2014, well within the 2 year guarantee period.
on 15 April 2014
I have had this battery only a matter of four or five weeks so the five stars may need some revision in the future. As it is the performance seems on a par with Canon's own battery and it was accepted by the camera (Canon 6D) without being flagged up as a non standard make. I have done two complete charge/discharge cycles with it but I cannot say exactly how many exposures it produces as I have been doing a great deal of 'playing' with the camera which is also very new to me. Sufficient to say that the battery inserted freshly charged in the morning lasted throughout the day at a local steam railway gala day and was still showing plenty of capacity after downloading images at the close of day.
on 4 October 2013
You get what you pay for. In this case this battery is a lot less expensive than the Canon version but does not hold its charge as long. However, I think we all know that and it works fine as a second battery when the first one runs out when you are out on a shoot away from home. Does the job. No complaints. There are some on the market where the electrical rating does not appear to be the same as the original battery. Personally I would not trust some of the performance claims on the labels stuck on batteries, apart from the originals which have a serial number stamped on them. I guess my rule is don't buy too cheap.
VINE VOICEon 17 December 2013
The first one I received didn't work - it wouldn't charge (I tried three chargers) and it wouldn't be recognized in any camera. They quickly sent a replacement which works well. Charges normally, is recognized in my 70D and even registers a serial number with the camera. So far, so good. I will check out it performance over the next few weeks and report back....

December 2014 update - one year later, still going strong - no complaints
on 8 May 2015
1 year later. I bought 2 of these batteries.
One of the will only charge to 76% and does not work you when it's empty after the camera(70D) is down to 2 bars.
The other battery actually out performs the canon original: it runs longer, charges in a quarter if the time, it doesn't warm up as much...
I shoot video for 3hrs straight, every Sunday Church service, only stop/start for battery change and European video Tax 29min restriction on RSLR
Which were the problem is: you don't know what you'll get - agood or bad copy...
These guys did well for me... The first one I ordered was not recognised by the camera, they replaced within a week or two due to postal run times.
I am going to get 4 more, but make sure they run the same since returns/exchange is available.
on 18 May 2014
Well, 4 stars.
I literally don't know if this battery is good or not.
For example, when I used it straight from the box, it showed up as half full and I took around 400 shots with it.
When fully charged, the batter lasted for approx. 2.5 days, but the display inside the camera was going crazy.
After 2 hours into shooting it showed up as half full, but when I rebooted the camera, it showed up as full again. It went to half full the next day, then to 1 bar and then to 3 BARS after 1hour! Weird stuff.

Overall, the battery works as it should - gives power to the camera!
Considering cheap price, I would recommend it, however I think it all depends on luck, after reading other's reviews - you either get a good copy or a crap one!

(used on canon 7d - airshow photography)
on 4 December 2014
I use 4 of these batteries in my EOS 7D MK II, they charge in about the same time as the Canon battery does and they are recognised by the camera and are registered with no problems. They perform as well and as long as the Canon battery which is brilliant. I bought 4 of these batteries for approximately the price of 1 genuine Canon battery, it's a no brainer really, I would recommend these batteries to anyone who is thinking about buying them.

They arrived very quickly from the seller and I would use this seller again.
on 23 May 2017
No problem with my EOS70D recognising the battery, and it charges as you would expect. Unfortunately it only lasts about half as long as a genuine Canon battery, but that's why it's cheaper. You get what you pay for.