Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 April 2013
I bought the version which has a biro in it. The biro part is rubbish, and you cannot 'park' the cap on the device when you are using the biro. The 'pad' which you use for screen touch is fine. Buy the version without the pen. Still expensive but not so big a rip-off.
on 26 December 2011
I take notes in my ipad & used earlier hypershield pen.The tip fell off after using it for 4 months.I was skeptic when I read the reviews about BoxWave Capacitive iPad Styra... .I have to admit,after trial,I am happy with the investment.The tip is well balanced,neither hard nor soft,very responsive on ipad.It's also handy as a pen.Works flawlessly with noteplus app. for ipad.
Recommend it to others who are skeptic like me.
on 7 December 2010
This is a great product. It is not only a good stylus, but a good quality pen as well. All I carry around now is my iPad and this pen. The pen takes a standard 'Parker style' refil so the only thing you have to worry about is losing it!

When I was shopping around, I thought perhaps I could get a cheaper product, but I am glad I did not.

Also thought I might get a more pointed stylus to be able to do writing, but it seems this is not how the iPad works and you need a bit of a 'soft pad' sytle of stylus to work. It is, however pretty accurate. I often find that I switch from finger to pen on web sites that have selection links or drop down boxes where the selections are close together - it avoids the all frustrating wrong selection.
on 1 May 2012
For the price was expecting something of quality

Looks good and worked fine for a few days then the end to use as a stylus came off and i cant see anyway of getting it to stay on.

needless to say i am sending back....
on 5 September 2011
The BoxWave Stylus is an excellent product. It is a nice weight and has a quality feel to it and you have the added advantage of a conventional ball point pen hidden under the cap at the other end. I also have the Wacom Bamboo stylus which is also of good quality. The Bamboo is a little thicker and has a matt finish where as the BoxWave has a shiny finish and is thinner. Both are of a substantial weight for such small devices. I would put them as equal in performance on the Ipad, better for detail work than using your finger. So I would say its a personal choice between Black and shiny or a matt finish. Delivery was excellent.
on 8 February 2012
This stylus, unlike many others, really works. You don't have to thump the tip on the screen, a gentle touch or stroke to swipe is all that's needed. And having a pen handy too is a great idea. Going to buy a couple more of these.
on 9 December 2010
Works very well on HTC HD2. The Styra is particularly useful for selecting small target areas that can sometimes be found on applications that were designed for resistive touch screens. Some of these can be very difficult to use using finger touch only and the Styra solves the problem. A slightly firmer pressure is required than with a finger, but presents no problem. However, I still find 'flicking' is easier with a finger rather than rubbing the stylus quickly across the screen.
All in all it is a well made quality item.
on 4 August 2011
I bought this having read the reviews on Amazon. My intention was to stop taking paper notes in meetings and migrate my workflow to the iPad utilising one of the many note taking applications available.

I was unable to do this because my hand writing is small and the iPad is just not build for small writing, it's meant for the end of your finger. I just couldn't make the transition.

Having said that I still use the pen when working with spreadsheets or feel l like keeping the screen clean.
on 30 July 2011
Although this stylus is a bit more expensive than most it is well worth the money. Easy to use, it glides over the screen on both my iPad and I phone. A good pen as well. The screen stays cleaner too, no greasy figure marks.
I have found it especially good when using it to create illustrations etc. Check out my YouTube videos for children's stories, ( search. Sparkmec ) nearly all drawings done with the Boxwave. although I'm no artist you can get a good idea on what can be achieved. BRILLIANT!
on 21 April 2011
very well built pen and easy to handle, light to carry too. can write smoothly with no problem. the capacitive bit works fine too. personally find the logo is too prominent on the cap, need to press the pen with a bit pressure for some programmes to recognise on ipad, it would be better if anyone can come up with a pen with smaller plastic capacitive end so it can be more accurate and precise than fingers.

overall worth buying if you want a capacitive/normal pen all in one.