Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 12 August 2010
i watched this film on the ferry a few weeks ago and thought it was brilliant. when the ice hockey player, Derek Thompson, almost tells Tess (age six) that the tooth fairy doesn't exist, that very night he recives a letter telling him he has a two week job at being a tooth fairy. when he gets a text message for his duty to start, he magically grows wings. Derek is desperate for no-one to see him with wings so he ends up pushing his girlfriend carly and her kids, Tess and Randy, out of his house when they come to visit. One time when Derek is in an ice-hockey game, he has to shrink himself and flush himself down the toilet.

i think this film is great for all ages but more aimed at kids.iI am 11 in September 2010 and i will be getting this on dvd because it is a hillarious heart-warming film.i hope you found this review helpful!
on 28 September 2013
My 7 year old daughter is losing teeth at the moment so I was concerned it would shatter her illusions. It doesn't, if anything it makes the tooth fairy story more believable. In truth I enjoyed it too! Great Sunday afternoon family film.
on 15 May 2013
I purchased this for my children but found it enjoyable myself. They will re-watch it(as children do). Not the most exciting film I've ever seen but worth watching and it filled in a rainy afternoon in the school holidays.
on 25 May 2012
I am a huge Dwayne Johnson ("The Rock") fan and I love all the films he has done, so if you are a fan I recommend this film but that is not the only reason. This film is a comical story about children and their beliefs and it highlights the fact that children will believe what they want to believe and it's up to them when they stop believing but it also highlights the truth of culture today that children can't wait to grow up and the magic of childhood is lost. This film highlight this in a funny way and has a few surprises along the way.
on 12 July 2016
We didn't really enjoy this film, even the children lost interest. Maybe we will watch it again to see if we like it an better. Lots of familiar actors in the film so had fairly high hopes but it was not that great.
on 19 June 2013
when i saw this on tv i missed first half hour and when i started to watch the rest i was hooked all you did was to laugh as he became a little fairy my son stopped playing his xbox to watch it as well so i said that i was going to try and buy it and i did. film well worth watching when you are down as it will cheer you up and give you a good laugh
on 20 July 2010
This is a children's film (the PG rating is a clue!) so shouldn't be reviewed as an adult film. I took my daughters, aged 4 and 7 to see it and they thought it was hilarious and want the DVD. It kept them engaged the entire time.
on 25 April 2014
As we're a family that are all fans of wwe, and The Rock, we purchased this as a must see. We weren't disappointed as it's such a good film. The little one was fascinated, as she's just at the stage where the tooth fairy has started making an appearance in our own house ;) a really good film for the whole family, regardless of whether you're a fan of The Rock or not :)
on 23 November 2013
Derek Thompson, a minor league ice hockey player, known, as The Tooth Fairy, for his knocking out teeth ability on the rink gets summoned to spend two weeks as a tooth fairy after nearly telling his girlfriends six year old daughter, Tess, that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

This movie seems to be a mishmash, elements of it just don't seem to fit together. As a family film I can see it's potential and even the comedy side of it but I think that it is lacking something. This is definitely a film aimed at children and it delivers on that, it's somewhat funny and is sure to amuse the kids for a few hours.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2010
"Tooth Fairy" is a reasonably good film , but it is strictly for kids only. Dwayne Johnson plays a tank like ice hockey player ,affectionately known as the "Tooth Fairy" as he regularly knocks opponents teeth out on the rink. He is courting a divorcee mother of two and when he almost tells the young daughter that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, he gets summoned to Tooth Fairy Land to do community service as a Tooth Fairy for several weeks. Cue all sorts of gags based on the premise that a hulking great musclebound black man looks funny in a tutu wearing fairy wings. My 10 year old thought the film was a great laugh and it made for good family entertainment.It wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would have been.