on 31 March 2011
needed this one to share a single speaker system between 2 desktop computers in my table. with this wire adapter, no more unplugging of the 3.5mm jack from one pc to another.
on 7 March 2013
So I bought this with the sole intention of using 1 set of speakers in a 2.1 setup and connecting it with my PS3 and my computer at the same time. It works absolutely fine actually however I did notice that if I turn up the volume on my speakers I did notice a very annoying static buzzing noise.

Sound quality seems to be the same but if I turn up the volume I will be able to hear the static buzz. So if you want to be able to hear anything at high volumes and you are bothered by annoying static buzzing then this might not be for you.

It is nice not having to go under my desk and unplug the speakers from the PC to PS3 and the other way around though.

Another thing I would like to point out is that I did do a test without the cable and there was no static buzzing noise when I turned the speakers up, however I am not sure if this happens with only my speakers, and perhaps it might not happen with other speakers. I have not been able to test this cable with another set of speakers as I do not have a spare set to test this issue on.

It seems very difficult to find this type of product at all so I am not sure where I would look to see if I can try and find another cable to see if this issue happens on this as well.
on 5 March 2014
I don't know what other people use this for, but I needed it so I can hear two devices simultaneously.

I like walking whilst listening to music. I have a walking app on my phone, and I can hear my progress (pace time etc). This app works great with Nokia music, but after only just over an hour the battery on the phone died, The app on it's own - battery lastsfor hours.
This lead was cheap enough to try, and despite some negative reviews, I decided to risk it.

so now I have an mp3 player and a phone plugged it, just stick them together in a pocket - and hey presto!

The only thing I noticed as when the ear buds are pressed fully home in the socket, I got only one channel, but just pulled it back till it clicked and got full stereo. So very happy with this cable

Hope all the above makes sense, and is some help, as I don't write many reviews!
cheers
on 23 February 2013
I bought this cable so I could connect my TV and laptop to the same speakers. Unfortunately the cable decreases the sound quality when plugged in to the headphone socket.
But I discovered by playing around with the cable that this cable is useful when you plug one end of the cable into your headphone socket on your laptop and the other end into your audio in socket of your TV/monitor and then you plug your speakers into the cable socket, because you receive sound through both the speakers and the speaker with your TV/monitor
This means that the sound is increased while listening to music and watching movies on your laptop.
With this cable there is no need for a long aux cable on your desk to plug your laptop to your TV/monitor for sound through your TV/monitor speaker
on 13 July 2011
no problems with this as such, the picture just does not look like what you get as one of the jack plugs is white and the other jack plug is red, but the socket is as it looks like in the picture

apart from that great product 4 stars
on 5 October 2010
I got this so I could have my laptop and tv plugged into the same set of speakers at the same time. It worked but compremised the sound quality for both.
on 14 December 2012
This little set of connecting wires let me use my harmon kardon speakers interchangeably with my xbox and ipod without having to plug/unplug any wires.

Took forever to find but it is just the thing I needed.

After reading other reviews, I was sceptical about sound quality but having used the product I do NOT hear any difference in sound quality. I'm sure if Dr. Dre used this product in his million dollar studio he would be able to tell the difference, but for the regular audio enthusiast with a bit of fancy kit there is no loss in quality.

Great product.
on 17 May 2014
Bought this to split my audio in from my PC to two sound cards. I found there was no noticeable noise produced from splitting the audio signal though sound output, after splitting, was obviously reduced by about a third. This is to be expected as you are splitting the stereo signal effectively into four. This creates attenuation of the signal. If you wish to maintain signal to output, you would need to use an amplifier.

Works fine for me and I can get used to the reduction in overall volume output for my needs.
on 8 May 2013
I am not happy with this cable. I have stopped using them because the sound is less clear than when played directly through the speakers.
on 4 January 2014
This is the worst thing I have bought from Amazon. The only good thing is it didn't damage any of my stuff. I got it to allow me to play sound from either a PC or mp3 player. It did connect properly but diminished the sound on both devices so much that I removed it after seconds... tried it again and then decided there was no way I could live with it.
On a side note the delivery was swift and it was well protected - no problems on that end at all.

Don't buy!