on 7 June 2013
I wanted a sake set that was authentic looking, not some tacky flowery tat that bears no resemblance to real Japanese designs. Unfortunately this was the only one on Amazon that fitted the bill; fortunately it's great!

In appearance the cups and bottle are a slightly shimmery rust colour. They're very tactile, smooth and comfortable in the hand, yet also sturdy and robust. I was slightly hesitant when using the set for warm sake, but I didn't need to worry; I have heated sake directly in the bottle by standing it in a pan of hot water with no problem.

All in all a great purchase which has already had plenty of use. I even like sake more than I used to...
on 17 February 2016
Oh, this set is LOVELY! Beautiful, handmade flask and cups that are a delight to look at and every bit as much to hold. The flask pours cleanly and the outflow lends itself nicely to the entire experience of pouring and drinking Sake. The cups are obviously handmade (but not overly misshapen), and the lustre of the glaze is - quite simply - fabulous.

Prompt delivery meant that it was an utter joy to be able to christen the set on the day it arrived (I still had a third of a bottle of Choya Sake 72 cl left over from Sunday's dinner).

This set is substantial in weight - think good old stoneware/salt glaze ceramics - and looks to be durable and long-lasting. I'm really going to enjoy using it and thoroughly recommend it to anyone seeking a Sake set devoid of artwork of any kind.
on 4 February 2013
I have been looking for a nice Sake Set for 6 months or so, mostly i found sets unlike anything I've seen in Japanese restaurants - with nasty patterns on. This set has a lovely dappled glaze, very pleased with this purchase.
VINE VOICEon 1 July 2012
As my title suggests, this really is a nice little set. The colour is soft and easy on the eye, nothing like some of the obnoxious patterns that are out there and will fit in my kitchen or dining room as the final glaze of the ceramic is slightly metallic. A large dinner table setting or a big get-together would benefit from two or three of these on the table as they are only designed for two people.

I bought it in September as a present for my boyfriend but we still haven't used it yet (who drinks Sake that often?) I shall try it out (hot and cold) and add the findings to this review in the future.

In all, a nice product; well made, not too expensive, decorative and a good gift.
on 11 October 2014
Gorgeous item, brilliant service, highly recommend.
on 12 January 2015
arrived quicker than i expected very pleased with how it looks